• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Aluminum Sacrificial Anodes

If my my anode broke off in exhaust area not the head what happens

Start another thread of your own, include some good photos of the area and the problem, and you'll likely get better results that will be more specific and helpful.

You'll have a topic that's easier to search for yourself - I think you will be able to simply replace it, but more info from you will be helpful, and splitting it out to your thread will help you keep track of it as

What Yamaha motor are you talking about? Just wondering, because the boat you listed does not exist, even Downunder. Nice avatar by the way.

It didn’t have my boat in it
The motor is a F70 four stroke has 3 anodes in head and 1 near the water jacket but lower that broke off

The boat is 4.5 mitre half cabin Caribbean

It didn’t have my boat in it
The motor is a F70 four stroke has 3 anodes in head and 1 near the water jacket but lower that broke off

Ah, an OB. Here is a video of anode replacement on an F60 Yamaha. Should be similar.

My issue is my anode snapped off when replacing it is still in water jacket area would it cause problems left in there ?

My issue is my anode snapped off when replacing it is still in water jacket area would it cause problems left in there ?

Hard to tell without actually seeing it. But...you said the anode snapped off and left a piece in the engine/waterjacket? Is it just a piece of the zinc/Al. anode that is lost? If you cannot pull it out, bust it up with a drill. It should exit the exhaust.

Last edited:
Just a piece of anode not a screw but I can’t see it

Can you find a location to shoot compressed air in to possibly blow it out of the water jacket ?

Back