• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor locker leaks in models with current hull

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my clam shell on today.

IMG_3601[1].JPG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now get rid of that bow roller for a stultz
Yeah yeah I know its on the list but to be honest I almost don't tow enough to worry about it there are no scuffs yet but I'm sure they are to come lol.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just FYI, still not fixed on the 2019 models. I’m guessing Yamaha doesn’t even visit this forum at all. Guess I’ll be going to Lowes for some 5200 today.
I think I'm going to simply plug mine altogether. I really hate it when I come off plane and the bow dives down and scoops water up into the anchor locker. When I tuck the boat away in the garage for it's rest, I always leave the anchor locker open so it can air out.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While I’m in there sealing up the gap I’m going to remove the two screws holding them metal “U” shaped anchor bracket and remove the bracket all together to save some more room in there. I am not going with the traditional anchor that the locker is made to fit, I’m going with a Mantus which won’t fit in there anyway. I’m just going to get some anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight and line the whole thing and use it for rope storage for the anchor rope & chain.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While I’m in there sealing up the gap I’m going to remove the two screws holding them metal “U” shaped anchor bracket and remove the bracket all together to save some more room in there. I am not going with the traditional anchor that the locker is made to fit, I’m going with a Mantus which won’t fit in there anyway. I’m just going to get some anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight and line the whole thing and use it for rope storage for the anchor rope & chain.
Where will you put the anchor?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Probably in the storage cabinet in front of the cockpit/helm, secured well of course (whatever, still learning proper boat lingo)

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So my shopping resources are very limited where I live unless I drive about 50 minutes away. I swung by Lowes and Walmart this morning and the only Marine grade silicone/sealant I could find was this one choice. Anyone have feedback/experience or knowledge of this product? There is a Tractor Supply here as well but I didn't think they would have something like that. Says it's even good for "below the water line".

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There should be a waterproof silicone in the paint/stain section at home depot. Loctite makes them too. It will state waterproof on them.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So my shopping resources are very limited where I live unless I drive about 50 minutes away. I swung by Lowes and Walmart this morning and the only Marine grade silicone/sealant I could find was this one choice. Anyone have feedback/experience or knowledge of this product? There is a Tractor Supply here as well but I didn't think they would have something like that. Says it's even good for "below the water line".
I am in the process of using that same sealant today. I'll let you know how it works.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably in the storage cabinet in front of the cockpit/helm, secured well of course (whatever, still learning proper boat lingo)
I keep mine under the strbd bow seat with some rubber mats on the carpet. I just swing the anchor hoop into the helm locker and put some tape foam where it would hit the fiberglass.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep mine under the strbd bow seat with some rubber mats on the carpet. I just swing the anchor hoop into the helm locker and put some tape foam where it would hit the fiberglass.
Yeah, I was considering that as well. Truthfully I'm not commited to any one location yet. I may start with one location and not like it and try another. I just know that Mantus won't fit up front, but have seen enough about it to convince me to get it over the other one.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Don't be shy. Just cut the fiberglass to enlarge the opening, add some foam exercise mat (cut to fit), and put whatever anchor you want in there. I use a ball bungee thru the eye to hold the anchor in place.

20180518_140914.jpg20180518_140856.jpg20180518_141515.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you have that foam mat glued down somehow? I thought about using 3/4” rubber horse mat in there, as it would be more durable than foam. But, foam might be more shock absorbant?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Do you have that foam mat glued down somehow? I thought about using 3/4” rubber horse mat in there, as it would be more durable than foam. But, foam might be more shock absorbant?
The piece on the back wall is stuck on with double sided tape. I was planning on attaching it more permanently, but the tape held all summer so I decided to leave it that way. The bottom pieces are a pretty tight fit and aren't attached with any adhesive. It's worked pretty well so far and water seems to drain very efficiently from between the pieces.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw this somewhere on the site924A606E-ED6D-4896-AE94-8D2566D0288F.png924A606E-ED6D-4896-AE94-8D2566D0288F.png