• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Disappointment with the Scarab Jet Boat and REC Boat Holdings

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
IMO - this story is really unbelievable and I think this does a good job at making prospective buyers stay away from Scarab. Sorry - no direspect. This is the internet and this story does not add up for me. Just saying
Be happy to Pm all of my work orders... It's very impressive. My buddies and I one day tried to add up all the hours of MX and parts over the past two years. It's gotta be over 15k. At least.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Scarab has two 02 sensors. See pictures to back up my piss poor information. In the South or in Salt water conditions, the silver Catalytics have been corroding internally and leaking. BRP has been replacing the Cats for people since the corrosion and leaks have been eating up O2 sensors over a short period of time. ***Please Note, the issues are with SILVER CATS, not the updated Black one used today.***
I have a 2015 165 HO with 139 Hrs. on it and the post o2 sensor has failed Code P2246. If the cat. is leaking what does the o2 sensor look like? I have purchased a new o2 sensor and it came with the O-rings too replace them in the cat. I am debating to change them also. If I need a replacement cat. do I have to go through a dealer to get it replaced or can I get them to send me a replacement under warranty? My warranty is up in May 2018.100_1159.JPG

AirGreg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Scarab has two 02 sensors. See pictures to back up my piss poor information. In the South or in Salt water conditions, the silver Catalytics have been corroding internally and leaking. BRP has been replacing the Cats for people since the corrosion and leaks have been eating up O2 sensors over a short period of time. ***Please Note, the issues are with SILVER CATS, not the updated Black one used today.***
Hi Ron@Scarab. I have the same issue. Throwing 02 sensor codes and what I read up and talked to mechanic a leak in the catalytic converter. So, since its a 2015 and warranty is up, and don't know if this will fall in to a recall situation. Did you fix this? Was it more than just putting in a new seal? Any info would be appreciated.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you have the silver cat system, and it shows cracks, there is a chance of warranty. The 02 sensors are definitely covered since they increased the warranty on that for a few years extra. Without looking it is around 8 years. Your local dealer can help you this.

AirGreg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
If you have the silver cat system, and it shows cracks, there is a chance of warranty. The 02 sensors are definitely covered since they increased the warranty on that for a few years extra. Without looking it is around 8 years. Your local dealer can help you this.
Perfect. Thank you. Yes, I have the silver cat. I have to take in the boat then and sadly be without it for a week or two. But be worth it getting that P014c out of my fault code and get rid of the check engine light.