• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anti Seize Spray

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Usually when I put a wheel back on the Trailer of Vehicle I would spray the rotor and lug bults with Copper Anti Seize, give it a few quick shots of the spray. Well I ran out and can't seem to find any and I need some in next day or two. Any other suggestions? What does everyone use?

what about where to surface meet each like the wheel where it is touching the rotor.

Get a 6 oz jar of aluminum or nickel never seize paste and brush a small amount on. You and your grandchildren will have a supply of it for the rest of your lives.
Another good use for it is if your buddy really does you wrong, put a small amount on the rubber of his windshield wiper blades. At that point it is easier to replace the windshield than it is to clean it.

Get a 6 oz jar of aluminum or nickel never seize paste and brush a small amount on. You and your grandchildren will have a supply of it for the rest of your lives.
Another good use for it is if your buddy really does you wrong, put a small amount on the rubber of his windshield wiper blades. At that point it is easier to replace the windshield than it is to clean it.

Funny but true. I have a 4 oz jar of Permatex that I have used occasionally for 20 years.

Funny but true. I have a 4 oz jar of Permatex that I have used occasionally for 20 years.
Same here and every time I find a use for it I end up with it all over the place. Sometimes I think it would take less time to repair the seized whatever than to get it off of my hands and other unwanted places.

Copper Anti-Seize is specifically for high heat applications. Like, 1000 degrees Celsius (1832 degrees Fahrenheit). Regular aluminum anti seize is perfectly fine for the vast majority of applications. It's good for up to something like 850 Celsius (1562 degrees F). And yes, you can't get within 10 feet of that stuff without getting it onto every square inch of yourself. But most importantly, make sure to use the restroom prior to using it. Otherwise, you'll have a silver "kickstand".

My dad has a jar of some sort of anti seize that I'm fairly sure is banned by the EPA decades ago. Probably a 40 year old jar that smells of chemicals. I suspect I'm gonna inherit it one day and keep using it, lol. They somehow are endless jars.

This sounds too late for your purposes, but Amazon has the jar of copper anti-sieze for 2-day delivery. If you were closer, I'd borrow you mine. I've also found that the nickel anti-seize that @WV Hillbilly mentioned is WAY better than the "regular" stuff for any application where it won't be a problem due to conflicting metals.

Is there a reason for going the spray route on something like a rotor, vs the paste? For that application, it would seem to me that the spray is even more likely to mysteriously appear in places you didn't intend.

meh, maybe I was over thinking it. I now am replacing upper control arms and cutting off tie rod joints, the anti sieze doesn't feel as important anymore as I am out in the drive and freezing my ass off.

Back two went in like butter 20 mins or so a side

Back