• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have a fish finder in their VRX?

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does anyone have a fish-finder on their VRX?(Mine is a 243VRX). Looking for best and least-drilling ways to do the install. I'm thinking of putting Garmin 9" Echomap touchscreen or similar. Wondering how best to install it and the transducer and be least invasive as possible. Also want to put the screen on or near the dash, again with least amount of drilling. Also i would rather not drill either for the transducer. Wondering if marine epoxy would work (Is there a 3rd party "no-drill" mount available?) Is 12" screen too big? All ideas welcome. Thanks in Advance!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! I have a 223VRX but you may get some ideas from what I did. I mounted a Garmin Echomap Plus 73Cv using RAM mounts. The mounts are very useful to locate the GPS and get it right where you want it. The GPS is a 7" and I find is perfect for the location I chose. IMO, any bigger and it "takes over" and blocks the dial on the right. I powered the GPS with an accessory switch. See pics below.

IMG_2277.JPG

1617125444884.png

IMG_2279.JPG

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow this is awesome thanks! Where do u hook the power for the garmin into the accessory switch

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is a male spade terminal that is hot on the back side when the switch is activated. Hook up a female spade terminal to it and you should be good to go.

1617137590098.png