• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone remove bow ladder?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well i do often use it for that, it’s also where my buddy finally noticed them, but I rarely use the ladder when the boat is off the trailer.

The grab handles are attached with nuts that thread onto bolts that are welded to the end of each handle. I can’t recall if the nuts came with the handles but if they do or don’t I recommend that you get two spares as it’s easy to drop them behind the rear anchor locker wall and into the bilge.
F752E93E-AA04-4274-B750-38DA8240CEC9.jpeg 03087940-C7DC-4608-94B0-2B223943DC54.jpeg 1576735A-B99C-491A-A665-2BB44A2D4BFB.jpeg

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I removed my bow ladder. I always anchor stern to the beach and hated moving it out of tbe way to access the anchor. Also the box anchor I use, did not fit in the locker while unfolded/boxed, so removing the ladder gave me enough room to keep the anchor ready to deploy and enough space to hang the anchor while it is stored.

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Based on @txav8r comments on a previous post, I removed mine as well. I don't see a need for it either. My transom ladder, now that's another story. I was out on the river this weekend and was not able to get it back in. I know it's bent and I need to take it off and send it back for repair/replace. I just don't want to do it now, during the season that I use it so much. I need a temporary fix. :-(
I wonder if you can remove your bow ladder and use it to replace your bent aft ladder.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think so because the mounts are different, at least that is what I recall.

troybox

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ronnie, what are those mounts off to the side of the handles? BBQ grill or ?

Well i do often use it for that, it’s also where my buddy finally noticed them, but I rarely use the ladder when the boat is off the trailer.

The grab handles are attached with nuts that thread onto bolts that are welded to the end of each handle. I can’t recall if the nuts came with the handles but if they do or don’t I recommend that you get two spares as it’s easy to drop them behind the rear anchor locker wall and into the bilge.
View attachment 76046 View attachment 76048 View attachment 76049

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Grill and filet table/cutting board/shelf