• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Are jet boats that much better on the river?

Riverboating

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Sportster
Boat Length
I bought a 26 ft runabout this year, and I ended up running over a rock dike. I’ve got the navionic app now, but I’m curious if I’m better off just getting a jet boat.

Im looking at 26 ft and bigger. Are there transom showers? I’m on the Mississippi and it’s muddy.

Are the jet drives that much better on the river?

my personal opinion but wouldn't run a jet boat on a river that constantly has debris..

this small (less than 6") wood has stopped me once before...

Attachments

• 20160826_185816.jpg
    20160826_185816.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
I ran my 212X on the Mississippi and Fox Rivers for 14 years. Debris can sometimes be a problem but shallow draft far outweighed the issue for me. We used to creep up on the rock dikes and watch the depth finder to see how far below the surface they were. Please bear in mind I have a less than 26' boat.

Been running my old 03 Sugar Sand on the Mississippi since it was new, clogs are extremely rare. Was out on it yesterday. My son also runs almost exclusively on rivers, the Mississippi and the Rock, with his SX 195, no problems

Back