• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio bargain or flea market junk? (Rockville Audio)

Flea market junk or audio bargain?

• Total voters

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I requested a return/replacement through amazon which was denied. No surprise since it’s out of the warranty.

But I posted a few reviews and pics of my amp and the black goo/repair. And what do you know? Someone from Rockville contacted me through Amazon offering to set up an exchange once they have some in stock (2-3 weeks).

1A0CDC31-6122-48C5-AAFD-FF6196D82ADD.gif

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Apparently some things just aren’t meant to be.

Got the eBay clarion amp. Spent a little time redoing the wiring in the sweltering heat....and it don’t work.

Contacted the seller...he messed up the listing (xc1410 description vs 2410 pics) He knew what he had sent me was DOA. And gave me a refund no questions. I even get to keep the dead amp :facepalm:

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Came home to a package on the porch from Rockville!!!

Opened it up and it’s the same dead amp I sent them...warranty DENIED even though I had an RMA # and email saying they’d replace it :facepalm:

20 minutes on hold and I got to talk to Rockville. The rep looked into things and says they will replace it when they get more in September now. The warranty dept apparently didn’t read the emails and denied warranty because this has been going on so long.

Why :Nancy Kerrigan: does this have to be so hard?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So... after talking to Rockville I figured I figured that they are willing to stand behind there products. Why not give them another shot while I wait for my replacement amp?

I ordered a t1 two channel amp, got it installed this weekend. Figured I could use it for 4 of my 6.5s for now and my subs later. And it sounded great. On one channel.

The other channel has no output. :facepalm:

2190340D-DFCF-4199-9D39-6CBAE7FCC826.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So... after talking to Rockville I figured I figured that they are willing to stand behind there products. Why not give them another shot while I wait for my replacement amp?

I ordered a t1 two channel amp, got it installed this weekend. Figured I could use it for 4 of my 6.5s for now and my subs later. And it sounded great. On one channel.

The other channel has no output. :facepalm:

View attachment 101982
Now, you are beginning to remind me of the folks buying TVWs, lolol.
Just kidding. It's all good.
But seriously, just stick with it and you will get a good one, eventually.
Darned, I did it again!
I need therapy.
:cool:

--

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I loved my 8 Ch Rockville amp the first two summers. This season it has a glitch in the switch of the HP filter for Ch 1-4. Either plays right or left side. I mess with it until they all come on. Bummer, it has great power for my set up. Looking at the Kicker 6 channel.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Man, you're a glutton for Rockville punishment.
I’m done buying Rockville...sent the t1 back. Almost bought an mb quart. But they look suspiciously similar to Rockville.

Wait till you see what I got coming now ;)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I loved my 8 Ch Rockville amp the first two summers. This season it has a glitch in the switch of the HP filter for Ch 1-4. Either plays right or left side. I mess with it until they all come on. Bummer, it has great power for my set up. Looking at the Kicker 6 channel.
Could always go with the new Pyle 8 channel marine amp with blue tooth.

Can’t be any worse than Rockville.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pyle = Pile of steaming dog doo that claims to be a power 10 times greater than it really is and has 10 times the unwanted noise.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pyle = Pile of steaming dog doo that claims to be a power 10 times greater than it really is and has 10 times the unwanted noise.
So you’re saying it actually makes, you know, sound and stuff?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
...so I noticed that the amps were back in stock but I didn’t hear anything from rockville.

Contacted them through amazon and they said ”didn’t we already replace that amp” :facepalm:
Told them I was still waiting and the next rep said “it’s no longer under warranty”

Contacted them again through amazon and said I’ve been trying for over a year to get it replaced, refund my money or replace it...

Every time I emailed them through amazon it took 48 hours to get a reply. So while waiting for an answer I called them directly. Spoke to the same customer rep (Sai, pronounced Sigh) as the last couple times who has been very helpfully.

But this time he couldn’t get approval for an RMA even though I have two emails saying they’ll replace it when they can. Best he could do was a discount towards a new one. He couldn’t explain what changed since our last conversation.

...tbc

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
But wait there’s more!!!

Annoyed by the whole thing I decided to call them again. Repeatedly explained the year long ordeal. Including the black goo. Spent three hours patiently explaining myself and asking why? Why? WHY?

Listened to a lot of Muzak while I was working. Eventually talked to a supervisor who agreed with me and said this is ridiculous. He said he needed to talk to the company owner. He called back two hours later with an RMA and a promise to repair or replace under warranty.

When I checked my email later I had the return label... and another message through amazon saying there was no way they could replace the amp :facepalm:

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Took two weeks but this showed up last night.

37B261C7-632A-4906-AD2F-EDD1E60DABF6.jpeg

...Actually took 15 months and two summers.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@the MfM Any idea how many hours you have on hold at this point? Best I could count in the last 3 pages of this thread, we're like 20hrs into customer support time.

Glad you finally got some resolution though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What I am getting from this - just buy a quality amp. Even if your time is worth $20/hr (probably on pretty low end), you could have spent $400 more and be even.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Eh, my free time is worth $0 an hour. I will still say that as a non-audiophile, I could tell no difference between the rockford and JL amps running through the Polks that came on my boat. I did however get two full trouble-free seasons out of the JL and only about a month out of the Rockville. Not having to mount/remount an amp inside that tiny ass helm is worth the price of admission to me. YMMV.