• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Auxiliary button on 2018 242x

Gary Tait

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are the photos of the Aux connector behind the helm. Hope this helps sir!

20181021_181728.jpg 20181021_181805.jpg 20181021_181818.jpg

ChopperLinc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used it to connect my simrad
Did you splice wires or use the waterproof connection? Trying to figure how the wires from the simrad connect through the waterproof connection. Seems I might be missing some spades or something that go inside the connection?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tek4fun would know!
I think he posted a pic with the description of those connectors. Should be a sticky!

--

ChopperLinc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ill take a pic tomorrow, i dont remember splicing i think mine fitted in the other one
I definitely was missing some of the parts for the Deutsch waterproof connector. Ordered one off Amazon, but did a temp splice for today’s trip. They come spades to hook to the wires, and wedges that have to install internally to set the spades in places.

Great YouTube videos on it.

Thanks for th reply.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The cap for the connector can be used to hook up accessories. Mark the cap to know which side is for which wire. Remove the cap. Remove the orange plug from the cap. Press out the white plugs. Put the orange plug back in. Crimp male deustch dt pins on the wire you are using to power the accessory (do this well or wires may pull out). Push the pins and wire through the orange rubber insert into the correct slot until you hear a click. Plug back on and then you have a factory like waterproof connection.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like everyone got this figured out. The Auxiliary button is used to activate the auxiliary power connection (2 pin Deutsch connector) in the helm. Basically the button tells the display that it is pressed and the display sends power to the relay in the power distribution block (PDB). The relay sends power from the 20 A fuse in position C1-C2 (third fuse down on left when relays are on the right side). Based on the fuse size, I would say this circuit can be used for a 12-13 A load. The auxiliary button can also be used to start the system and shut down the system by holding it for 3 - 4 seconds. This is called keypad mode. Hope this helps.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like everyone got this figured out. The Auxiliary button is used to activate the auxiliary power connection (2 pin Deutsch connector) in the helm. Basically the button tells the display that it is pressed and the display sends power to the relay in the power distribution block (PDB). The relay sends power from the 20 A fuse in position C1-C2 (third fuse down on left when relays are on the right side). Based on the fuse size, I would say this circuit can be used for a 12-13 A load. The auxiliary button can also be used to start the system and shut down the system by holding it for 3 - 4 seconds. This is called keypad mode. Hope this helps.
Tek4Fun -

I hope you are still on here... I could use some assistance. Are you saying that I could power a underwater light from this circuit? Light requires 10A fuse. Where is this Power Distribution Box? If I tie in to the plug behind the helm... both positive and negative... will the circuit be protected by a fuse in the fuse box?

Where did you find all this information?

Can you explain this Keypad Mode more?

2018 242 LSE