• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad dealer thread?

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious if there’s been a thread about which dealers to avoid? Bad stories or terrible customer service?

If there’s not been a thread...

I nominate West Coast Boat center in Rocklin, CA to take the crown for being a bunch of d!ckheads. Terrible customer service. Do not patronage them with your business.

I’m all for giving honest reviews good or bad. Having own and run more than one small business I know there is often 2 sides to every story. I don’t think it is fair to bash a business without giving details about exactly what the problem was.

Fair enough. If adding in that I've also had small businesses and been self employed gives meaning to my review than fine, me too. My list of complaints includes lack of customer service and boat delivery set up. No willingness to test ride any new boats, and not properly prepping the boat from Yamaha for delivery. Never calling back while my 3 week old boat was in the shop for over a week. I've had them order parts and they don't call when they come in. They've offered no compensation for their mistakes and told me that if I have any more issues talk to yamaha. They also made several rude comments because I contacted yamaha customer relations. That's enough for me to give a thumbs down. Probably helpful for people in the market for a new boat.

I think Tracy Motor Sports in Tracy CA has a good service department. I’ve taken my boat there several times for warranty work and their completion time estimates have been accurate. They have always called me with status updates or were always available when I called for a status update. I’ve never seen an unexpected cost on bills from them. Once they didn’t wash my boat, like they usually do, and told me they would do if I left the boat there for the weekend instead of taking it out on the water. I mentioned this in a survey they sent me and they called me back the same day to set up an appointment to come and get my boat so they could wash it and return it to me at no cost.

I can’t say anything about the sales department other than they are not pushy and they don’t negotiate much on their boat prices but I’m not one to buy new from a dealer anyway, I just can’t live with the (always increasing) price or the immediate depreciation.

I purchased last year from West Coast Boat Center and had a good experience. True they didn't do a water test, but they were delivering other boats the same day (Cobalts) and they weren't doing water tests of those. Overall I had a good purchasing experience with them. I can't speak to their service as I've never used them.

I have been using Tracy Motorsports for service since I got my first Yamaha in 2012. I'd echo what Ronnie said in that their service dept is always courteous and did well to keep me informed. They have even gone to bat for me with Mother Yamaha several times (even though I didn't purchase either boat from them). Overall, I'd say it's worth the hour drive down to Tracy for a better experience.

I would avoid Powersports 360 and J&J Sales in Huron Ohio (the same owner I think). Very deceptive sales practices and when caught the salesman had no remorse and actually said "I guess you got me but the boat will sell anyway so I'll be OK".

Back