• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Baltimore Riots

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay safe man. It is Ferguson all over. I grew up in the Ferguson area many years ago. It was scary to watch places you remember or know go up like that. It will pass eventually but who knows what the other side will look like. St Louis is a mess now as an aftereffect of Ferguson. It seems as though the crime rates have jumped just because and some people feel they can target the police. We'll never understand...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stay safe and stay away!
I am gonna have to bite my tongue on this one for the most part. As people feel more and more out of contol of things like politics and government they will riot more and more. Its sad

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RobA I hope you and all of your friends are able to stay out of harms way and this riot business ends quickly.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone think this is an HBO promotion for The Wire?

Just kidding.

Stay safe @RobA.

I have a feeling that these types of unrest are coming to more of our neighborhoods.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of us understand. These rioters are sub-humans, led by this ignoramus. Are you kidding me? Scroll to 26 seconds. These animals were given "space to destroy?" All the local jurisdictions are providing resources to reign the animals in. My squad had a few trash cans on fire heaved at them two days ago as we patiently "stood down." Word on the street was the great Alfred E. Obama apparently told this idiot mayor that the police were to "stand down" and that "The FBI would be closely monitoring police action." F#&k this. Glad I'm off for the next three days and retired in less than 6 months. We are fast becoming a 3rd world country. Wait until race baiters Al Charlatan and Jesse Jackson arrive to organize the march down I-95 to DC this weekend......I'm headed to the beach.... F this.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Some of us understand. These rioters are sub-humans, led by this ignoramus. Are you kidding me? Scroll to 26 seconds. These animals were given "space to destroy?" All the local jurisdictions are providing resources to reign the animals in. My squad had a few trash cans on fire heaved at them two days ago as we patiently "stood down." Word on the street was the great Alfred E. Obama apparently told this idiot mayor that the police were to "stand down" and that "The FBI would be closely monitoring police action." F#&k this. Glad I'm off for the next three days and retired in less than 6 months. We are fast becoming a 3rd world country. Wait until race baiters Al Charlatan and Jesse Jackson arrive to organize the march down I-95 to DC this weekend......I'm headed to the beach.... F this.

Freudian slip or accident? She was rebutting that speech later saying that people were twisting her words and that she meant she wanted to give peaceful protestors space. Not defending her words/actions, just putting both sides out there.

I found this video which I found interesting. I think I understand what they (the violent protestors) are trying to say, but I think they lack the organization and capacity to speak clearly about what they really want. Like I said in my original post, this is an economic issue. With anemic/fake/negative economic growth and increasing inequality, you will get these lash outs. Its like when a baby wants food but doesnt know how to say dinner, so they cry instead.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@OCMD, thanks for what you do. I certainly would not want your job!

@RobA, I understand the argument that these people do not understand how to more effectively express themselves. I have flown in and out of BWI probably a hundred times. I doubt I will do so again. I never ventured into Baltimore but feel confident that I will never do so now. Same thing with St. Louis. I have been there a few times. I enjoyed the arch and cathedral but doubt I would go back again.

I do not disagree that many of these people were born with less opportunity than I was. But if we step back a generation my father grew up as a subsistence farmer. He hunted or fished for food after school everyday as well as taking care of his farm chores with the animals and garden. They had 500 chickens, raised hogs, smoked hams for sale, raised 6 acres of produce, milked a cow, raised other cattle for sale, used horses for much of their transportation, ran a peddlers route selling what they produced and had jobs at a local motel and general store to bring in additional cash. His Father had crippling arthritis from exposure and wounds during WWII. He worked his way through college by working at an ice company, cutting trees, and working as a teller. After college he became a banker and continued to run and expand the farm. My Mother's Father was a home builder in Houston, TX. He had been given chemicals during WWII and died from a long fight with kidney failure when she was 7. They moved to a family farm in Arkansas that was more than 25 miles away from the closest city. The roads were so poor that milk would spoil before they got it home. She has had significant tooth loss that the dentists believe was due to a lack of calcium as a child. They did not have electricity or running water. Her mother put herself through nursing school and raised four children on her own. When she was in 10th grade they moved to a house with running water and electricity. The GI Bill paid for her to go to college. They raised three sons all of which have six figure incomes.

My understanding of Baltimore is that similar to New Orleans it has a large population of citizens who live in government housing while collecting food stamps, tax refunds and numerous other government contributions to fund their survival. The city has experienced a loss of industry and jobs similar to Detroit. Historically, without the influx of government handouts, the citizens would have left for locations where they could find jobs. These government handouts have created generations of citizens who have no need to or interest in working. They do not have the skills, qualifications or eloquence to surpass their government provided incomes outside of criminal enterprise. Breeding is a primary source of income increases in their community.

So how can they / we change this?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@OCMD, than for what you do. I certainly would not want your job!

@RobA, I understand the argument that these people do not understand how to more effectively express themselves. I have flown in and out of BWI probably a hundred times. I doubt I will do so again. I never ventured into Baltimore but feel confident that I will never do so now. Same thing with St. Louis. I have been there a few times. I enjoyed the arch and cathedral but doubt I would go back again.

I do not disagree that many of these people were born with less opportunity than I was. But if we step back a generation my father grew up as a subsistence farmer. He hunted or fished for food after school everyday as well as taking care of his farm chores with the animals and garden. They had 500 chickens, raised hogs, smoked hams for sale, raised 6 acres of produce, milked a cow, raised other cattle for sale, used horses for much of their transportation, ran a peddlers route selling what they produced and had jobs at a local motel and general store to bring in additional cash. His Father had crippling arthritis from exposure and wounds during WWII. He worked his way through college by working at an ice company, cutting trees, and working as a teller. After college he became a banker and continued to run and expand the farm. My Mother's Father was a home builder in Houston, TX. He had been given chemicals during WWII and died from a long fight with kidney failure when she was 7. They moved to a family farm in Arkansas that was more than 25 miles away from the closest city. The roads were so poor that milk would spoil before they got it home. She has had significant tooth loss that the dentists believe was due to a lack of calcium as a child. They did not have electricity or running water. Her mother put herself through nursing school and raised four children on her own. When she was in 10th grade they moved to a house with running water and electricity. The GI Bill paid for her to go to college. They raised three sons all of which have six figure incomes.

My understanding of Baltimore is that similar to New Orleans it has a large population of citizens who live in government housing while collecting food stamps, tax refunds and numerous other government contributions to fund their survival. The city has experienced a loss of industry and jobs similar to Detroit. Historically, without the influx of government handouts, the citizens would have left for locations where they could find jobs. These government handouts have created generations of citizens who have no need to or interest in working. They do not have the skills, qualifications or eloquence to surpass their government provided incomes outside of criminal enterprise. Breeding is a primary source of income increases in their community.

So how can they / we change this?
With explinations always circling back to morals and religion you cant change it. If society continues this trend of "what I think is right is right for me, and you have no say as to what is right for me" then we will all comprise absolute truth.

Think about it this way; riots are meant to show a point.
Violent riots show what?
They are an infringement of life, liberty, andpursuit of hhappiness.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just surprised @Julian or @Bruce haven't thrown out a challenge with a reward to the first person to get either a jetboaters.net flag or jetboaters.net t-shirt on CNN in the middle of the rioting!!! That would be so awesome!!!:winkingthumbsup"

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just heard that the Orioles game tomorrow will be played in front of an essentially empty stadium. No fans allowed to attend. That has got to be a first!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thoughts and prayers @OCMD please be safe, and your men be safe. Thank you for your service and the risks you take every day on the job.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
10174775_31_600_400.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Rubber bullets...kid or not, if your holding a rock/brick/bottle in a throwing manner, you get shot with a rubber bullet. If your holding it in a life threatening manner (ie bashing someone in the skull) you get a real bullet. Put it out on TV and then follow through. Them saying these are kids so they don't want to hurt them is ludicrous. Those "kids" are capable of killing you.

You can't just retreat, it fuels the fire. I was glad last night was a relative non-event with the curfew.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just heard that the Orioles game tomorrow will be played in front of an essentially empty stadium. No fans allowed to attend. That has got to be a first!
Oh, so you mean it's a lot like the Dodgers? :mad: