• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery type

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors
So the manual states the battery is supposed to be 85Ah, you calculated 56Ah, how sure are you of your numbers?

Thanks
Believe me when I say @HangOutdoors probably has more experience with battery types and capacities than most of us. His advice on this topic is gold.

That being said, this is not science and you won't find a specification, as the batteries that the dealers are asked to put in are more than adequate for a stock configuration. The same exact motor in a waverunner starts with a battery probably 1/4 the capacity. That is why it is so common to add a second deep cycle as a house battery knowing you will never get stranded. That and the fact that a second battery probably costs the same as a good quality jump pack, but will provide you with additional runtime for a non-stock stereo for an entire weekend, if not a week.

This is also why you won't usually see a cross reference for a yamaha boat at a battery dealer, as you can literally put whatever fits in the tray. And if it doesn't fit, you can put in a bigger tray, and more of them till your wallet is empty.

The really funny responses, are the guys that say they don't want to add so much additional weight, but will load their boat down with 800lbs of lead for surfing. (smile) Or say that it's a hassle, when they don't realize it makes it so much more simple. (as I just unplugged my boat down on the lift from it's overnight refresh, so she's good to go for the weekend!

Have a great water weekend everyone!