• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery voltage/charge. Is this normal?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is the back of my solar panel. Looks to be some kind of a controller.
After my battery died few times i decided to test the solar. I only measure .46 volts.
So this is how my solar panel looks as well. No way to remove that and see inside! Ugh

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After removing the panel and testing i got 0v
Isn't your solar panel upside down? The velcro would face down to connect to the bimini? Or does it matter? I have no clue just spit balling here.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So glad mine are hard mounted.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So glad mine are hard mounted.
It is actually quite secure. velcro is pretty heavy duty and it slots in very nicely. If only it FREAKING WORKED!

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally got a new panel from the dealer.
Measureing the voltage and i get 0v. Now what.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a NOCO charger hooked up to both start and house, after being plugged in for 24 hours plus my Connext reads 12.3 V. I don’t know if it reads both batteries on there or combined, but I’d expect after a smart charger optimizes brand new batteries they’d read a bit higher than that. Still cranks really fast and seems ok so idk.
I have the same happening on my 1 yr old battery Deka starting abd its been the same since new. I plug it and it shows only 12.3 on the Connext, at the battery it's 12.6. so it's like there is a loss of strength once it reaches my connext.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What was the resolution here? Did you figure out how to test and diagnose the Solar Panel on a 2018+ Got pics on which wires to test? Does it charge when the batteries are switched in to OFF position?

HughSethner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To the brain trust of jetboaters.net,
A little help please! I have diligently read the posts regarding solar panels and battery voltage. To start I purchase this 2017 to 242X at the end of last season, I have replaced the batteries this year and seem to have a problem with the solar panels. I took my multimeter and checked the voltage coming out of the two panels separately at the leads directly from the solar panels (between them) and they are both producing zero voltage. Further the panels may be fried as there is infinite resistance, Or no circuit between the positive in the negative of each panel.

Is it common that with the known wiring issues of these panels that they fully fry? In many posts it seems that even with reverse polarity that the panels themselves don’t quit very often.

Fearing that their replacement is eminent, does anybody know who is the manufacture of these panels and their replacement cost from the Stealer or preferably from an alternate source. Part number?

Thank you for your time and help. I hope this can further help other boat owners that may be working through these odd electrical issues.

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you checked the solar panel fuse? My panel wasn’t working wither, I found it difficult to get a read with a multi meter. Turns out the fuse was blown.

HughSethner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have you checked the solar panel fuse? My panel wasn’t working wither, I found it difficult to get a read with a multi meter. Turns out the fuse was blown.
Thanks for asking, yes I did. Fuse was good. Hence, Why I went to the source to see if the panels were producing power. (Started at the source) since I couldn’t be sure someone hadn’t made some changes to the system. That’s how I discovered no power being produced from either panel. (Which was a surprise, one dead maybe, but both, hmmm.) When I bought the boat the dealer had to replace one of the resistors. (Wish I knew which one it was.)

HughSethner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any alternate parts locations to source these solar panels?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I gave up on those panels. Just took the off. Not worth my grief