• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best fitting bow roller for 2019 AR210

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't pretend to be the first for this, but I wanted to put this out there for the specific info that pertains to me (and likely others @Brad460 in particular).

The original bow roller was the beige/white/sand/tan garbage hard plasticky feeling roller that Shorelander outfits the trailer with. Like everyone else with this roller, it marks up the boat INSTANTLY when tightened "properly", and I found that it deformed when the bow eye was tightened up to be just below the roller. My solution was to replace it with a color matching roller that seemed to be a better material after seeing @PJ73 and his replacement. We probably ended up with the same roller, given the issues we both had with it.

After proudly installing my shiny new blue roller, I noticed it didn't mark up the boat, but on its maiden voyage back to storage, it sure as heck seemed to deform just as badly as the OEM roller, and PJ73 REALLY had some issues with his, likely due to trailering farther than I did. My solution was to not tighten the winch strap as much, but that always felt wrong, and the darn thing would need adjustment anyway if the boat moved while in transit. The nice thing about the blue roller is that it was easy to see if the boat moved, because the roller would be deformed again 🙄

I pored through MULTIPLE threads here, nothing specific to my boat, but enough general threads to piece together what looked to be a solution, and folks like @Ratket seem to have the same opinion as I do, with similar results on their boats - similar model years and similar lengths. I placed my order from two different places for the parts (nobody had the whole setup at the time), and I was finally able to get it installed yesterday. Soft enough not to mark up the boat in a damaging way like the OEM, but enough stiffness to properly support the front of the boat so that the bow stop frame won't be gouging up the gel coat, and I added the "bells" to the outer edges just in case something were ever to happen, to protect me against the outer metal edges of the bow stop tearing things up.

I wanted to post this up before we headed out for one of the last few rides we've got this year, so here's some pics to show the blue roller, and just how badly it would deform, and the new setup. Deformation was SO bad it might look like a good fit, but hopefully you can see the issues. That's a Stoltz RP-446 for the center, and Stoltz RP-325 for the end pieces, with the OEM bolt in there. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It’s just fits so much better right!!?! I do however need to get a “ Proper length bolt so I am not risking any mishaps up front, but it is what it is for now.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s just fits so much better right!!?!
Amen to that! I really REALLY wanted the blue roller set to work, but I was very close to gashing the gel coat once because of just how badly it deformed, I'm certain that's what happened to PJ73.

I'm gonna go measure my bolt right now to see about how long it is. Mine JUST fits, to the point that the center roller doesn't spin, so mebbe we might just trade bolts

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Amen to that! I really REALLY wanted the blue roller set to work, but I was very close to gashing the gel coat once because of just how badly it deformed, I'm certain that's what happened to PJ73.

I'm gonna go measure my bolt right now to see about how long it is. Mine JUST fits, to the point that the center roller doesn't spin, so mebbe we might just trade bolts

My bolt was 6 1/4”
The bolt I have now is 7”
I don’t want to crank it down so I went with the 7”.. need to find a 6 1/2” bolt and im all set.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got home, mine was 6 3/8". Looks like I'll be buying a 7" bolt and cutting it down too. The nut seems to be huge (that's what she said!) but it might be due to the nylon locking insert.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1000. I changed mine out a couple weeks ago. Got a 7' bolt at lowes that i'll eventually trim down. The dealer had replaced the stock roller with an aftermarket softer roller that didn't fit the hull at all. I think when loading the trailer bracket was exposed and it barely caught the hull and left a scratch. Not sure if the stock roller fits any better, but most aftermarket rollers I saw had too much v shape.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered from sturdybuilt.com. Link below. Their kit was out of stock so I had to order the roller and ends separately and just go buy a longer bolt.

Link

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered from sturdybuilt.com. Link below. Their kit was out of stock so I had to order the roller and ends separately and just go buy a longer bolt.
They are who I got my center roller from, they were sold out of the kit AND the end rollers. I also had the pleasure of a porch pirate stealing the first one they sent me and having to wait another week for a replacement. Excellent service from them, I also recommend them.