• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

is anyone planning to launch Monday morning?

We are leaving for Bimini at 6 AM on Monday morning so it would be very difficult to launch Monday morning.

We're leaving NC saturday morning and just plan on making it south of daytona somewhere. Continue on sunday and hopefully in the water by afternoon sometime.

We do our grocery shopping Sunday morning and a trip to Bass Pro, launch after that, on the intercostal around noon.

Has worked well for us for the last three or four years.

I would like to learn to fish and fillet them. Do you think anyone on this trip would be willing to take a few moments to teach, advise of the tackle needed and such?

I think there's already a thread on this. But it depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. Fishing off the bottom by dropping bait down, or trolling.

If like to be knowledgeable in both. So, based off what's in season and running, I can adjust my technique.

Small thread...already finished !
However, I think I'll do the same with the cheap rod/reel combo.

The family loves grouper and Mahi...so...recommendations?

I would like to learn to fish and fillet them. Do you think anyone on this trip would be willing to take a few moments to teach, advise of the tackle needed and such?

Yellowtail are easy to catch. We are planning to chum and catch a limit. We are staying for two weeks and plan to supplement the food we bring with fish. I would be happy to help you find some yellowtail and filet them.

Emma and Gavin caught dinner today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yellowtail are easy to catch. We are planning to chum and catch a limit. We are staying for two weeks and plan to supplement the food we bring with fish. I would be happy to help you find some yellowtail and filet them.

Emma and Gavin caught dinner today.

View attachment 20837

View attachment 20839

Thanks bud. I'll do some research on tackle. Looking to see where to install rod holders on an AR192 (thinking some type of temporary clamp on style?

Thanks bud. I'll do some research on tackle. Looking to see where to install rod holders on an AR192 (thinking some type of temporary clamp on style?

Have a look at this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/fishing-in-bimini.3098/

For Yellowtail you need a rod and reel with clear 12 to 15 pound line. Stainless hooks and bait. I used frozen squid which was available at Bimini Sands.

For Grouper you need heavier gear and more patience. I am bringing one heavy rig for grouper and two light ones for yellowtail.

I am more of a catcher than a fisherman. I lack an interest in trophies and am happy to go for the easy to catch options.

Has anyone been to the bimini healing hole? I have done a bunch a research online and not gotten very far in fact 80% or more of pictures and locations I see mentioned I'm pretty sure are not correct. The place I'm looking for is located at the 4:41 mark in this video. Most of the pictures I see look like people just decide to jump into the mangroves somewhere and call it the healing hole but from the info I do have that is it is a fresh water spring located somewhere in the mangrove swamp area.

Has anyone been to the bimini healing hole? I have done a bunch a research online and not gotten very far in fact 80% or more of pictures and locations I see mentioned I'm pretty sure are not correct. The place I'm looking for is located at the 4:41 mark in this video. Most of the pictures I see look like people just decide to jump into the mangroves somewhere and call it the healing hole but from the info I do have that is it is a fresh water spring located somewhere in the mangrove swamp area.

Each of our 3 trips we've been wanting to take a kayak tour to the healing hole and for whatever reason we have not gotten it done. Like you everything I have found the healing hole is in the mangroves.

Small thread...already finished !
However, I think I'll do the same with the cheap rod/reel combo.

The family loves grouper and Mahi...so...recommendations?

Both of these fish will require some heavier rigging. Grouper typicaly like shallow reefs and have hiding holes in the reef a lot of times. Grouper usually tire easily bit their biggest defense is the reefs they usually are in as the get hooked the will dart for the reef and often snap lines. I have never caught a grouper but a few years back a buddy did on an old boat of mine out at 10 mile reef here off the SC coast. It was a very hard pulling fish for the first few minutes and struck the line very hard and agressive. Mahi are more of an open water fish. Usually caught while trolling. We have caught several of these of the SC coast. Every time we have have caught them we were fishing for bigger fish so they seem to still go after big bait. This would be a little more tricky to go after on a non fishing boat with out set rod holders but could still be done. You will probably have better luck chasing grouper from a set locataion on a reef around bimini though unless you got a lead on an area for Mahi.

Here is what I believe is the healing hole, http://bluewatermystique.blogspot.com/2014/04/biminis-bath.html . At the 4:41 mark of the video I'm not sure where in the mangroves they are but it looks like something to try to find.

One thing to remember is if you go in the mangroves or anywhere in a wooded area such as the Nature Trail next to the Sands, http://www.bahamas.com/node/50297#zoom=14&lat=25.70136&lon=-79.2726&layers=00B0T, make sure you have plenty of bug spray, the mosquitoes love foreign blood.

So A friend of mine works for Hilton resorts we were talking about Bimini and she brought up the hotel they were building there we pulled up the website and their prices are crazy Low the week were going you can get aKing balcony room for $112 a night and that includes passage across on the Bimini superfast I would say if they keep the rates like that and offer the cruise they could completely change the way tourism is over there

Back