• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

would say if they keep the rates like that and offer the cruise they could completely change the way tourism is over there

But not for the better. The sparse population, including tourists, is one of the best parts of the island. Bringing too many people will destroy the ecosystem and turn it into another party destination. My guess is that Bimini was a better place to visit 20 years ago and will no longer be a place that I want to visit 5 years from now.

But not for the better. The sparse population, including tourists, is one of the best parts of the island. Bringing too many people will destroy the ecosystem and turn it into another party destination. My guess is that Bimini was a better place to visit 20 years ago and will no longer be a place that I want to visit 5 years from now.
I agree completely! Most people when you mention Bimini here where I live have never heard of it. I remember reading a post you made several months ago expressing the same fear one of the reasons we were making it a goal to do this trip this year. I think it will change a lot over the next several years.

The Hilton is a construction site with limited services thus the discount rate and free transport. Still a good deal if you are willing to put up with construction.

The Resorts World marinas near the Hilton are 2.5 miles (30 minutes) up a no wake channel which adds an hour to every outing. And the Resorts World marinas are prohibitively expensive. They are $3.75 per foot + $12 a day which works out to $98.25 a day for my boat. That is more than twice Bimini Sand's rates for docks that are only a few hundred yards from the ocean. I am surprised that Resorts World has not dredged a channel across the island to have direct access to their marinas. They have plans to convert the mangroves to the north to a golf course.

I have a confirmation number, but don't have the room number with me right now...

Viveca has you listed as part of our group with a confirmed reservation. But I would call to confirm that you have the condo that you want.

Here is a map of the building locations

7651_biminisandspropertyplan21d.jpg

Ok, I just spent $1039.00 at Overton's & Hodges Marine because of @Bruce ! (not really..but I like messing with him).
The Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro & Standard Horizon 1700B VHF are cheapest at Hodges Marine...ask me how I know :)

Ok, I just spent $1039.00 at Overton's & Hodges Marine because of @Bruce ! (not really..but I like messing with him).
The Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro & Standard Horizon 1700B VHF are cheapest at Hodges Marine...ask me how I know :)

Are you aware of the standard horizon rebate in effect currently? Chk out their web site

I just snagged that same radio for $150 after rebate

"Call some place 'paradise,' kiss it goodbye..."

All the more reason I need to go asap!
wife actually started the "money can be used elsewhere" speach last night.
I shut it down with the "you never hear anyone say they wish they spent less time on vacation or less time with their wives speach. I won.

All the more reason I need to go asap!
wife actually started the "money can be used elsewhere" speach last night.
I shut it down with the "you never hear anyone say they wish they spent less time on vacation or less time with their wives speach. I won.

Here here! I love spending more time.. on vacation......i'll be back into it on the 2016 trip with ya

Last edited:
Finally got my rod holders installed for the trip.. got 2 per side, 2 side facing and 2 rear facing to troll with..

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Ready to grill what I catch!

IMG_2668.jpg

Do you filet on the boat as well?
we hope to get at least one rod for heavier stuff. Right now all we have is 10lb test stuff for perch and bluegill.
I love love love to eat fish so I am starting to fish for myself. In the midwest the seafood just ain't the same!

Do you filet on the boat as well?
we hope to get at least one rod for heavier stuff. Right now all we have is 10lb test stuff for perch and bluegill.
I love love love to eat fish so I am starting to fish for myself. In the midwest the seafood just ain't the same!
Unless your boat has a fresh water shower that can be used to clean up the filet mess, I would wait until you are back at the dock to clean the fish.

I will wait until I get back to the dock to filet the fish.. I plan to fish early morning and cook what I catch for lunch and or dinner.. unless I reel in a tuna wherein, its instant Sushi.

Back