• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

There is one resteraunt around me that has insanely good seafood. Everything else seems to be frozen garbage. We try to go when they have the swordfish special, but I love the salmon too. We always get a calimari app (her choice) and crab dip app (mine).

Since I am prepping for next year, what do I really want to fish for? We plan on doing as much sightseeing as possible but if we are chilling out somewhere drop a line.

There is one resteraunt around me that has insanely good seafood. Everything else seems to be frozen garbage. We try to go when they have the swordfish special, but I love the salmon too. We always get a calimari app (her choice) and crab dip app (mine).

Since I am prepping for next year, what do I really want to fish for? We plan on doing as much sightseeing as possible but if we are chilling out somewhere drop a line.
Unless you plan on trolling, all you will need is a light/medium rod with a spinning reel and 15lb test. Basically whatever you would use for most big lake fishing will work. Yellow tail snapper are good eating, easy to catch, and all over the reefs.

All the more reason I need to go asap!
wife actually started the "money can be used elsewhere" speach last night.
I shut it down with the "you never hear anyone say they wish they spent less time on vacation or less time with their wives speach. I won.
We were talking at work it hit me there is another reason to go to Bimini asap, global warming and sea level rising. Bimini at most is about 10' above sea level and if sea levels rise Bimini will disappear like Atlantis.

Not sure about Bimini, but Filleting on the boat is against the law down here. The Game Warden has issues not being able to see how big your fish was :)

@kthrash,

Nice looking install sir. Did you also use blue painters tape before cutting (not sure what that does..but I've seen peeps use it).
Lastly, is that a Magma grill?...Do you like?
I'm researching grills for the boat now

Not sure about Bimini, but Filleting on the boat is against the law down here. The Game Warden has issues not being able to see how big your fish was :)

I emailed Bahama's officials last year to ask about cooking what we caught. They are fine with it. Their response is in the Preparing For Bimini thread.

Yes it's a magma grill, I got it for Christmas have not used it yet. Yes I covered the area in painters tape before cutting, it gives you a place to measure and mark lines.

Finally got my rod holders installed for the trip.. got 2 per side, 2 side facing and 2 rear facing to troll with..

Nice install, however you may want to look into a couple rod holders for your tower...
you are going to want some vertical distance between you trolling rods.
That way you can help prevent lines getting tangled. Take a look at Jeff's Rod holders on his tower. We used these on the two lines that were further away from the boat.
:winkingthumbsup"

dsc_0221-jpg.10240

Last edited:
Nice install, however you may want to look into a couple rod holders for your tower...
you are going to want some vertical distance between you trolling rods.
That way you can help prevent lines getting tangled. Take a look at Jeff's Rod holders on his tower. We used these on the two lines that were further away from the boat.
:winkingthumbsup"

dsc_0221-jpg.10240

I Only plan to troll with two rods, one on each side of the boat.. I think they will be plenty far apart.. we run the same spread off the ass end of a 30' center console and they never get tangled..

Was talking to @Bruce about flag options for my new boat and mentioned that last year I used fishing rod holder flagpoles. He asked me to post a link here they are if anybody wants them. This is a local guy in Florida & they work well.

http://www.boatingflagpoles.com

Was talking to @Bruce about flag options for my new boat and mentioned that last year I used fishing rod holder flagpoles. He asked me to post a link here they are if anybody wants them. This is a local guy in Florida & they work well.

http://www.boatingflagpoles.com
Great minds think a like, I use the same ones and have post links to those in various threads. I added an extra set of flag clips to each pole so I can fly two flags per pole.

Rod Holder.jpg

Back