• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Does anybody have some extra room on their boat for either 2 people or some of my provisions..? My MIL is worried we will be over loaded with 8 people and all our stuff.. I have limited everyone to a backpack full of their personal belongings and then our food/beverages.. I figure if I can offload a couple of bodies or a couple cases of beverages, I can lighten my load a few 100lbs and make her happy.

How much are you over? I would not want to split my family up.

There is a grocery delivery service listed in the Preparing For Bimini thread. Having food and drinks delivered would help.

Hopefully someone with a 212X can comment about how much they have taken on the trip. I know other boats have taken 8 before.

And your mother in law should know that you are going with a group that will not leave you behind.

If you have room I may throw a body or some beverages on your boat.. thanks.! Make sure you are in my crossing group.

Are the crossing groups determined prior to the captains meeting? Plus, I think there is still discussion on how many groups. Either way I'll try to remember :)

im not over.. best of my calculation even with everyone and all our crap/food, we should be 100lbs under max.. im not worried about it, am trying to appease the MIL.. (she aint going so what I end up doing is my business)

The number in a group depends on the total participants. Multiple groups may not be needed. We would probably make that decision at the captains meeting.

Why would you need to split into groups? Accountability?

Why would you need to split into groups? Accountability?
Due to the size of the group, 20+ boats and pwc's, depending on the sea conditions it might be difficult to travel safely and keep track of everyone as one group.

Big Game Club just posted descriptions and pictures of several dive sites http://biggameclubbimini.com/scuba-diving/favorite-dive-sites/

I'll post some of the sites we just visited last week on the Juliet

The Sapona is a surprisingly excellent site. We saw what was probably the largest Nurse Shark I've ever seen at 10ft sleeping under the bow. We dove it in the evening, and unfortunately we were too tired for a night dive there, but the number of lobster, sea urchins, etc, that were there makes me think it would be an excellent dive site.

There is a a site called Bull Run just south of Honeymoon Harbor that was also excellent.

Would love to make it this year, but it would have to be a last minute call.

IMG_0294edit_1.jpg
(Aforementioned shark)
IMG_0304edit_2.jpg
(Me finding the shark)
IMG_0355edit.jpg
(That's me in the background hanging out)

Last edited:
Do they have in effect a spear law about the lion fish yet?
I guess they aren't supposed to be in the Caribbean.

Do they have in effect a spear law about the lion fish yet?
I guess they aren't supposed to be in the Caribbean.

My understanding is you are allowed to take ONLY lionfish on SCUBA in the Bahamas. Unfortunately I didn't have time to learn how to do that this trip.

Bahamas does not allow spearfishing while using scuba (not sure if there is an exemption for lionfish). They do allow the use of a Hawaiian sling while snorkeling. It was exceedingly difficult if you ask me, right @tim h!!??

Yes it was difficult !
If you are going to spear you should just practicing holding your breath, and know how much time you can spend under water.

I am closing on our new house in July... we will be 2016 for sure. I did it on jet skis a few years back just the 4 of us but on the new 242 LS it will be nice bringing the family. You all enjoy and have safe travels.

Attached is the lakefront i am building on.. 22 chain of lakes... cant wait.
View attachment 21620
Now i need to clear out the weeds and build the dock.

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 13.50.13.jpg
    2015-05-02 13.50.13.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I'm probably in for next year as well... I'm not comfortable taking the "new to me" 212X that distance until I've had more time to shake out any bugs she may have come with. I'd like to say I could get enough time on the water with her before this years' trip, but I doubt that will happen. I'm stoked for doing this or a Keys trip next year though! :)

If we do a keys trip. Let me know ahead of time. I may be able to get us rooms on Trumbo. Last time I got three bedroom condo for $115 a night

Keys would probably be bigger than bimini due to no need for passport. Also cheaper gas on boat I would assume. And less crossing the ocean harassment from laws and the like.

In the keys we would be a small part of the huge tourist crowd.

Bimini is sparsely populated for now.

Back