• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Hi y'all. I just had a flashback from the last time that I drove down to Ft. Lauderdale and I recalled all the time that I wasted slowing down to pay tolls. So today I purchased a Sun Pass transponder and signed-up for the prepaid program so that I can zoom through the toll collection centers.
If you're looking to save some time and you're planning on using the toll roads in Florida, go to the following website and get yourself set up.
www.sunpass.com

Hi y'all. I just had a flashback from the last time that I drove down to Ft. Lauderdale and I recalled all the time that I wasted slowing down to pay tolls. So today I purchased a Sun Pass transponder and signed-up for the prepaid program so that I can zoom through the toll collection centers.
If you're looking to save some time and you're planning on using the toll roads in Florida, go to the following website and get yourself set up.
www.sunpass.com
Welcome and glad you will be joining us on this Bimini Fling.

@tim h this group keeps getting bigger and bigger.

www.sunpass.com

Get the one you can move from car to car, not the sticker.

Get the one you can move from car to car, not the sticker.
I purchased the moveable one... hoping to use it when I replace my Durango RT (still hoping to be living within a reasonable drive of FL), no hoping to use it in my wife's Honda Fit.

Ok, new boat, and I've just realized that all of my old boat/boat trailer stuff didn't make it in my last move. It's one of those things... sell the boat, move, don't look for any of the boat stuff when you arrive at your new destination, almost three years later you realize that you're missing a bunch of boating stuff.
So, I take delivery on the new boat on Sunday, but I'd like to get prepared for the Bimini trip:
1. Bumpers and lines - what do you recommend for Bimini?
2. Security - I'm thinking that Ft. Lauderdale will be the biggest security risk. What are you doing with regards to securing your vehicle/trailer while you're in Bimini?

Ok, new boat, and I've just realized that all of my old boat/boat trailer stuff didn't make it in my last move. It's one of those things... sell the boat, move, don't look for any of the boat stuff when you arrive at your new destination, almost three years later you realize that you're missing a bunch of boating stuff.
So, I take delivery on the new boat on Sunday, but I'd like to get prepared for the Bimini trip:
1. Bumpers and lines - what do you recommend for Bimini?
2. Security - I'm thinking that Ft. Lauderdale will be the biggest security risk. What are you doing with regards to securing your vehicle/trailer while you're in Bimini?

Set aside some time, grab a note book and pen, and read through the beginning of this thread.
There is a ton of info to upload...

Hitch locked?

Mine is locked to the drawbar and the drawbar is locked to the truck.. Do a google search for 801 Northeast Third Street. • Dania Beach, Florida 33004, you can see the parking and ramps to the far right.. somebody has got to really want to get back to there get to your truck/trailer..

Hitch locked?

My hitch is locked to the truck. The trailer is locked to the hitch. But neither do more than keeping honest people honest. The marina has security guards in golf carts 24/7 and there are way more expensive trailers than mine parked there.

I may not be able to make the trip now. I have a pending court case scheduled to begin on 6 July. I really figured my perp would take the plea deal, but looks like were going to court. If something changes I will keep you all posted. I'm pretty pissed now, I've been looking forward to this trip.

I may not be able to make the trip now. I have a pending court case scheduled to begin on 6 July. I really figured my perp would take the plea deal, but looks like were going to court. If something changes I will keep you all posted. I'm pretty pissed now, I've been looking forward to this trip.
I hope things work out with the court case so that it doesn't interrupt from you joining us.

So I'm looking into the small vessel reporting system now anybody else do this and how long does it take after the interview for approval. I also noticed it said on the website that anybody on the Vessel who is not registered with that Will still have to report to customs is this the case does everybody going need to be registered in order not to have to go to customs upon return?

You're approved immediately after the interview. The captain files the float plan with the vessel/boat that he adds. Then the passengers get svrs numbers and the captain adds those to the float plan. When arriving back in the U.S., one phone call clears all members back into the U.S. without a visit to customs. Anyone not an svrs member on your boat has to go to customs in person.

Yea, my whole family went to local airport customs to get interviewed. We got SVRS cards now

Back