• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

It must have been a good weekend...
pretty quiet here.

My wife is taking the girls in to Tampa tomorrow to get their SVRS interviews...

For those arriving in Ft Lauderdale on the 4th are you guys planing on launching and putting your boats in the Marina on the 4th or are planning to put them in the marina on Sunday? Trying to game plan our trip down originally was going to leave on the 4th and stop in Jacksonville and fisnish the trip Sunday but now considering leaving on Friday after work and going to Jacksonville and getting to Ft Lauderdale early Saturday.

Launching on the 5th. The slip is expensive on the 4th.

Do you guys plan to park trailers and trucks at the hotel? I guess what I'm asking is there ample room there for that or do other arrangments need to be made?

Do you guys plan to park trailers and trucks at the hotel? I guess what I'm asking is there ample room there for that or do other arrangments need to be made?
Unless they are fully booked there should be enough room for those, Cindy and I included, to park their truck and trailer on Sat night.

Unless they are fully booked there should be enough room for those, Cindy and I included, to park their truck and trailer on Sat night.
I just checked and the Bahia Mar is now officially booked out for the 4th

I just checked and the Bahia Mar is now officially booked out for the 4th
Interesting, I'm going to have to look into plan 'B' for parking on Saturday night, always need a backup plan.

We're gonna stay just outside of Lauderdale saturday night.

So next year would the dates tentatively be July 11-15?
That is first full week of July.
Or would it be late June?
I know we go after school is out which I think by mid June everyone should be done. Obviously I would prefer to be after 4th otherwise as early in June as possible but I am one voice amongst many!
Planning is fun but I try to relay as much planning info to my "guests" as possible.

So next year would the dates tentatively be July 11-15?
That is first full week of July.
Or would it be late June?
I know we go after school is out which I think by mid June everyone should be done. Obviously I would prefer to be after 4th otherwise as early in June as possible but I am one voice amongst many!
Planning is fun but I try to relay as much planning info to my "guests" as possible.
Some folks can't plan their 2016 vacation until Dec 2015 or Jan 2016, so that is when the 2016 dates will get set.

Since you got the ball rolling, for my work schedule these date in July work, July 11-15, July 18-22, or July 25-29. In June these dates work for me, June 13-17, or June 20-24.

I just got off the phone with Sasha at Bahia Mar MARINA.
She confirmed that the price on Saturday July 4th is $45 for my 30' boat so $1.50/ft, plus tax plus $10 for electric if needed.
Sasha also confirmed that THERE IS AVAILABLE SLIPS for July 4th.

I believe our discounted rate is $1.25/ft. The rooms are a different story however. I think Saturday was an extra $70. But there are other hotels nearby that may be cheaper if you don't mind changing.
I will be bringing an AC unit and may stay on my boat...
So my plan is to launch very early Sat. morning and try and get some fishing and sight seeing in.
Also like to hit that pirate bar we went to in 2013.

I was told when we booked that the slip for the 4th was $4 per foot with a minimum of two nights. If that changed, I am in for boating on the 4th. Always nice to get an extra day in the water.

Some folks can't plan their 2016 vacation until Dec 2015 or Jan 2016, so that is when the 2016 dates will get set.

Since you got the ball rolling, for my work schedule these date in July work, July 11-15, July 18-22, or July 25-29. In June these dates work for me, June 13-17, or June 20-24.

I thought it was Exumas 2016 instead of Bimini lol.

I thought it was Exumas 2016 instead of Bimini lol.
You are correct that has been the topic of conversation. So I'm not completely wrong, there is talk of spending a couple of days in Bimini at the beginning and the end of the Exumas trip, haha.

Also, there might a group that goes all the way to Exumas and one that only goes to Bimini. For me I would love to go all the way to Exumas but it depends on who I have on my boat.

Back