• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
We are staying on Lorelane Pl in Key Largo. Kind of behind Divers Direct. Are you staying in Key Colony in Marathon?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bahia Mar called me about the reservations that are coming in. The pricing should be $60 per night per vessel for our sized boats. If ten or more boats are staying on the same night we can get a discount to $40.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the quote, which is high. I'll call back and tell them that I am staying at the hotel - thanks! I am also looking into slipping at the Las Olas Marina (couple blocks north of the hotel), which is a city operated marina.

View attachment 90177
Hot off the Press....
I just spoke to Bahia Mar. the quote you have is for their winter rate.

so for this trip, it'll be $60/night. and if we gather up 10+ boats, the group rate is $40/night.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bahia Mar called me about the reservations that are coming in. The pricing should be $60 per night per vessel for our sized boats. If ten or more boats are staying on the same night we can get a discount to $40.
beat me to it, I just got off the phone with them

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha, I just got the voicemail and email from them. $60 is much more reasonable, $40 would be a no-brainer. Will there be 10 boats on this?

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes July 15-22.... did I misread his post.....Ive done that before :oops:
Edit: I sure did read that wrong.....sorry about that, I got excited......o_O
I don’t see an issue. July8-14 for Bimini and July15-22 for the keys.

Win win win

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all -

July 6 or 7th through July 12 or 13th of 2019

I will be a first time crosser this year and these are the BEST dates for my family to go. I can use the 4th Holiday to get to Florida and save a little vacation time. I have read almost every Bimini thread and we've been planning on doing this since last summer. We are going one way or another!!

I am really not the person who should be leading the group across the Ocean as it will be my first crossing, but I am quite capable of doing other planning etc.

I am hoping some experienced crossers want to join based on these dates. I am open to suggestions on where to stay and such. I was looking at Big Game Club as my preferred alternate. Also with a smaller group maybe we don't have to add in a night a Bahia Mar, but I am open to that if its best.

I really just want to get the discussion started for these dates. I am flexible for departure to Bimini on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. I would prefer to cross back on Saturday but I am also flexible there too.

About me: I am an experienced inland boater, I have owned a boat since I was 11 years old (Dad's boat) and I bought my Yamaha 212 Ltd S new in July 2017. I have many years experience in a 19' open bow I/O on Lake Michigan. My boat and crew will be equipped and prepared for a solo crossing, but it is not my preference. My first mate is my 20 year old son who has been boating since diapers. Crew of 4 total.

Lets do it!

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all -

July 6 or 7th through July 12 or 13th of 2019

I will be a first time crosser this year and these are the BEST dates for my family to go. I can use the 4th Holiday to get to Florida and save a little vacation time. I have read almost every Bimini thread and we've been planning on doing this since last summer. We are going one way or another!!

I am really not the person who should be leading the group across the Ocean as it will be my first crossing, but I am quite capable of doing other planning etc.

I am hoping some experienced crossers want to join based on these dates. I am open to suggestions on where to stay and such. I was looking at Big Game Club as my preferred alternate. Also with a smaller group maybe we don't have to add in a night a Bahia Mar, but I am open to that if its best.

I really just want to get the discussion started for these dates. I am flexible for departure to Bimini on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. I would prefer to cross back on Saturday but I am also flexible there too.

About me: I am an experienced inland boater, I have owned a boat since I was 11 years old (Dad's boat) and I bought my Yamaha 212 Ltd S new in July 2017. I have many years experience in a 19' open bow I/O on Lake Michigan. My boat and crew will be equipped and prepared for a solo crossing, but it is not my preference. My first mate is my 20 year old son who has been boating since diapers. Crew of 4 total.

Lets do it!
This will be my 2nd time crossing with the club, 4th time overall. i can go on any of the dates you chose, let me know if you can get others to join, I would love to have Betik and Bruce with us they know the ins and outs and are very experienced.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am out for 2019. Dorru I wish I could go but it is not realistic.
Note: @Bruce knows the ins and outs I just tag along for the fun

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any volunteers to captain this endeavor?

It looks like we have July 8th as the departure date with varying return dates.

I’m itching to book the marina at $60. But the cheap side of me only wants to pay $40.

Per Bahia Mar, we need 10 vessels and a team captain to make the arrangements.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any volunteers to captain this endeavor?

It looks like we have July 8th as the departure date with varying return dates.

I’m itching to book the marina at $60. But the cheap side of me only wants to pay $40.

Per Bahia Mar, we need 10 vessels and a team captain to make the arrangements.
I would not push too hard on Bahia Mar. Our boats are at best dinghies compared to most in their marina. I expect that most usage of their slips results in bills in the thousands of dollars. I have seen single fuel sales in the tens of thousands.

I expect that lodging and slip availability in Bimini will keep most groups under ten boats. I understand that Big Game Club is quite full already.

If the group does reach 10 boats there should be availability for the July 7th to 8th stay. Being a Sunday night there should be plenty of room.

If everyone keeps calling them to ask questions I expect the minimum fee will increase.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If the group does reach 10 boats there should be availability for the July 7th to 8th stay. Being a Sunday night there should be plenty of room.
I heard a lot of people leave after the 4th, so it's a good time to go.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I heard a lot of people leave after the 4th, so it's a good time to go.
July 4th through 7th will be the busiest time of the year in Bimini.

Many boats will return to the US on the 7th. They also will take all the fuel with them for the return crossing, have drunk all the rum, caught all the fish, trashed all the marinas, broken all the lodging, etc. It may not be that bad but with the mail boat and cargo deliveries coming once a week and fuel arriving perhaps every other week Bimini takes a while to bounce back from busy periods.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I updated the FIRST POST with what I gathered from the whole thread, may have missed something, let me know if I did.

I am a meeting planner, not a crossing guide.... So... luckily a few have done this before and confirmed to go.

Stay the night of 7th at Bahia Mar and have a meeting that night, cross on 7/8/2019. No reason to deviate from the proven method!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks right for me, with the addition of me being a first time crosser with a total 4x PAX on board.

It’d be nice to have at least one event each day for the group, especially if it’s led by an non-newbie-Bimini boater. This will give a little orientation of the island yet provide each boat its own personal time.