• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked into BGC, but was cautioned about the condition of their dock.
I would tip their guys to tie the boats up and watch them for you. They have a great marina staff. You will be climbing down to or up from your boats at low tide but properly tied there should not be an issue.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I confirmed my booking at Bimini Big Game club. With a room for 4 (or more) nights you get Marina free for 4 nights. I pay 5 nights hotel and 1 night marina.
thats a great deal !

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
is there a need to bring a chain or some sort of locking apparatus for the boat? or am I wasting my time thinking about it?
it'll suck to lose my ride home.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is there a need to bring a chain or some sort of locking apparatus for the boat? or am I wasting my time thinking about it?
it'll suck to lose my ride home.
A few boats have been stolen from Resorts World's docks in recent years. I am not aware of any thefts at BGC.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few boats have been stolen from Resorts World's docks in recent years. I am not aware of any thefts at BGC.
now, you made me worry.......................lol , but really, gonna think about that now , any good sugestion É

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
now, you made me worry.......................lol , but really, gonna think about that now , any good sugestion É
Take plenty of mosquito repellent and use it before you start. You will get an unforgettable welcome from the “no seeums “ when you reach Bimini :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Take plenty of mosquito repellent and use it before you start. You will get an unforgettable welcome from the “no seeums “ when you reach Bimini :)
Heck...that is the same for all of coastal Florida from my experience! Learned that the hard way when I was installing a radio antenna and radio in my brother's driveway at dusk....drove me freakin nuts!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heading down to KY where the boat is stored... Maintenance weekend. Oil, plugs, hope to install VHF and second bildge. I probably have more to do then time, also, its supposed to be 72 and sunny.... soooooooo probably cruise some, maybe take a nap out on the lake.... talk about a destresser!!

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
10 feet of 1/2" thick steel chain enough to lock the boat to the dock? I'm staying in the canal, and from what I read on another forum chaining boats are the norm over there

I read it on the internet, it has to be true....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
10 feet of 1/2" thick steel chain enough to lock the boat to the dock? I'm staying in the canal, and from what I read on another forum chaining boats are the norm over there

Two fenders, two 1/2” dock lines and insurance is the norm for me.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How are you attaching the chain without damaging the gelcoat? I guess you could have one of those chains with a cloth sleeve. It might be better to get some kind of tracking device placed in the boat. Time for Google.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really don’t think you need to chain your boats up. Yamaha jets boat are at the bottom of the list. If you had a CC with triple or quad 400’s I might be worried

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure your insurance is up to date and covers the Bahamas. Then relax and enjoy!
All covered, what the worst part could happen, a brand new boat !

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How are you attaching the chain without damaging the gelcoat? I guess you could have one of those chains with a cloth sleeve. It might be better to get some kind of tracking device placed in the boat. Time for Google.
I was looking at coated chains or the steel chains with a vinyl covering.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have stayed at the canal 3 times. No issues.

I have never seen a boat chained to a dock anywhere on North or South Bimini.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My group size changed, total of 4 adults, so I was looking around for a 2 bedroom reservation. The one I found is near Alice Town, with Blue Waters Marina nearby. I called the marina and they quoted my $35/night for a slip. All they took was the boat's name and stated that an additional 5% charge would be included if I paid with a credit card upon arrival. This seems incredibly low, should I be worried?

Last edited: