• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My group size changed, total of 4 adults, so I was looking around for a 2 bedroom reservation. The one I found is near Alice Town, with Blue Waters Marina nearby. I called the marina and they quoted my $35/night for a slip. All they took was the boat's name and stated that an additional 5% charge would be included if I paid with a credit card upon arrival. This seems incredibly low, should I be worried?

Blue Water is an excellent marina. I have friends that have docked their larger boats there for decades.

The slips are not floating. Typically I have seen smaller boats docking overnight close to the boardwalk.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AJack, make sure to eat at the Anchorage at Blue Water and enjoy the Hemingway nostalgia while you are there.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I'm going to gain some calories in me on this trip, so many places to eat. Do you have any previous itineraries you used for your trips? Something I can use as a template? I saw the one on the Preparing for Bimini, but I'm looking for something with actual agenda items.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We should all go to Honeymoon harbor on the same day/time! I plan on hitting Sapona and Bimini Road as well, maybe three sisters and the plane wreck.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to create a basic itinerary, with time for individual/family time. That way we can move as a group as well.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that sounds great idea , we stay in different places, but sure we can meet somewhere together in the midway (such as Binimi channel entrance if we go north, bimini sand if we go south, or meet up with July 1st group somewhere the first day after custom, immigration and check in )......

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I'm going to gain some calories in me on this trip, so many places to eat.

I typically loose 10 pounds on a Bimini trip. Eating may be increased but activity is as well.

I will mail Bimini maps with coordinates to @afsigma21. I may have landing cards that I can send as well. If not I will help you guys order some.

I suggest identifying places that you want to visit then choosing what to do each day based on the part of the island that is sheltered from the wind and waves.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the map I am referring to. Many of the dive sites are used by locals to make their living so I do not publish the coordinates online. The printed version has coordinates. The street map is the only street map that I am aware of for Bimini.

Front

Back

Attachments

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone new booked there accomodations and are confirmed for these dates? Several posts in the thread from people saying they were in, but no confirmations. I'd like to keep the page 1 original post up to date, so ping me or post here if you are confirmed with a place in bimini and Bahia Mar.

Thanks

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
is there a need to bring a chain or some sort of locking apparatus for the boat? or am I wasting my time thinking about it?
it'll suck to lose my ride home.
No you won't have to, its very safe there

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We should all go to Honeymoon harbor on the same day/time! I plan on hitting Sapona and Bimini Road as well, maybe three sisters and the plane wreck.
I think thats a great idea, we can all monitor our radios and meet up

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't state that... there are some real security threats in the Bahamas (I'm not getting into the details), which are centered around Nassau, but I wouldn't go to Bimini thinking that it's "very safe".

No you won't have to, its very safe there

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
US Government has a travel warning for Bahamas, Gov employees aren't allowed to rent a lot of tourist services etc and some other things. FOR ME, I am at a resort marina which is staffed so I do not have a lot of concern, but if I was in a house on a canal I might be.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any destination that I had a real concern about my boat being stolen is not a destination I'd want to go for vacation in the first place.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
US Government has a travel warning for Bahamas, Gov employees aren't allowed to rent a lot of tourist services etc and some other things. FOR ME, I am at a resort marina which is staffed so I do not have a lot of concern, but if I was in a house on a canal I might be.

Have you been to Bimini and stayed on a canal? You are safer in Bimini than in most major cities In the USA.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that Resort is Resort’s World that is where the boat thefts have occurred.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok I have gotten my room at Bahia Mar. When are we gonna rent our boat slips?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The discounted price kicks in at the 10 boat number, I believe we're only at 5 or 6. I'm still too cheap not to use the city slips just a block north of Bahia Mar, but they only take reservations 30 days out.

Ok I have gotten my room at Bahia Mar. When are we gonna rent our boat slips?