• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A golf cart would be nice but to be honest the shuttle runs thorough every few minutes and its not required just from my experience the little time I spent there last year.
i saw the RW for golf cart rental, $50/day ....

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A golf cart would be nice but to be honest the shuttle runs thorough every few minutes and its not required just from my experience the little time I spent there last year.
Does that shuttle go through the Bimini Bay neighborhoods?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does that shuttle go through the Bimini Bay neighborhoods?
Yes it appeared to go everywhere and the had a radio on hand so I'm assuming it could be hailed as well. It took us from the Beach Bar to the Hilton and made several stops along the way. It later picked us up at the Marina Shops and took us back to the beach bar.

Chris 242 limited S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have a question about clearing customs,
Does the state registration count as proof of ownership for the boat?
I live in Ks and my wife and I are starting to plan our first crossing but not till next year (2020) at the earliest.
However Ks does not title boats or motors. So the title I have is from the previous owner and does not carry my name.
I have bill of sales, state fish and game registration
Thanks for all the help
Chris

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI...there a small group heading to Treasure Cay in Abacos for that week (7/6-7/14) should this trip not work.
Out of curiosity... Where are your fuel stops for this route? Thank you! Troy

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Out of curiosity... Where are your fuel stops for this route? Thank you! Troy
We're stopping at West End and then to Treasure Cay. We're also bring extra fuel with us.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have a question about clearing customs,
Does the state registration count as proof of ownership for the boat?
I live in Ks and my wife and I are starting to plan our first crossing but not till next year (2020) at the earliest.
However Ks does not title boats or motors. So the title I have is from the previous owner and does not carry my name.
I have bill of sales, state fish and game registration
Thanks for all the help
Chris
Yes state registration is sufficient.
Owners who have their boat financed also do not have the title.
I went with GA registration card only and it is sufficient.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're stopping at West End and then to Treasure Cay. We're also bring extra fuel with us.
Not sure what all boats are going with you but I would plan a fuel stop in Spanish Cay. You would likely need an extra 20+ gallons on board to make it to Treasure Cay safely with no fuel stop. Just from personal experience.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not sure what all boats are going with you but I would plan a fuel stop in Spanish Cay. You would likely need an extra 20+ gallons on board to make it to Treasure Cay safely with no fuel stop. Just from personal experience.
Good idea. We may need the added break too.

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you... Learning as much as I can from this group! Planning on a trip next trip next year :thumbsup:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you... Learning as much as I can from this group! Planning on a trip next trip next year :thumbsup:
You're welcome. There are a lot of experienced boater on these forums with a wealth of information. Read, search and learn as much as you can. You will not regret it. Hope to see you next year!

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And.... We are out.

Heading for an Eastern Med cruise instead (on a big boat, not ours, lol).

We'll go back one of these years :)

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
[UPDATE] Reserved a Resorts World VRBO 8-12 July with a slip at the Fisherman's Village Marina ($110/day). Room (Double Tree) and slip at Bahia Mar reserved for 7 July.

Consider me in now, I've been communicating with a couple VRBOs. Working on the dock situation - can be costly! I have also purchased more safety equipment.

Is the itinerary set for launch of 8 July? I'll be coming from Tampa, contemplating making the drive that morning... I'm a morning person and the children travel really well.

Last edited:

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
[UPDATE] Reserved a Resorts World VRBO 8-12 July with a slip at the Fisherman's Village Marina ($110/day).

Consider me in now, I've been communicating with a couple VRBOs. Working on the dock situation - can be costly! I have also purchased more safety equipment.

Is the itinerary set for launch of 8 July? I'll be coming from Tampa, contemplating making the drive that morning... I'm a morning person and the children travel really well.
updated, see page 5, column 3 for more information.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
7/8-11 for me. I’m trailering down from New Jersey and will be in 21 foot scout. As long as the group stays below 45 mph, I’ll be able to keep up.

How does parking at Harbour Towne work? Do I need to reserve ahead of time?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve sent emails to a couple places on Friday, I’ll update this thread.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
7/8-11 for me. I’m trailering down from New Jersey and will be in 21 foot scout. As long as the group stays below 45 mph, I’ll be able to keep up.

How does parking at Harbour Towne work? Do I need to reserve ahead of time?
the most fuel efficiency vs speed of jet boats around 5000-5500 rpm ( correct me if i am wrong) thats about 25-30 mph cruising speed ( depend on wind, current and waves ), from many boaters who crossed and practiced; my 195 can go faster but also burn faster that i can drink, for sure your boat will be the one worry free of fuel capacity when all boats tank empty.

Last edited:

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking at factory specs, It looks like I’ll be sipping fuel compared to you jetters.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread is getting more and more interesting. Cannot wait for the summer to come