• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, We booked the room to ensure a place to stay. Traveling from Dallas, it will be a two day drive for us.
Are you docking your boat at resorts world? if so, what's that cost?

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone stay at BIMINI BIG GAME CLUB RESORT & MARINA? Their dock rates don't look too bad, $2.75 per ft.

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good Lord. Are you sure you live in Dallas and not in Highland Park?
lmbo... It's all about the experience and creating memories. Anything to do with Boats, Water and Sandy Beaches, I'm down. :cool: We generally go to Seaside, FL or Rosemary beach every year but doing this trip instead.
Are you going next year? Props: Enjoyed the videos from you & bronco_guru

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The boat and trailer have the minimum gear required to go with 3 day notice, but as of right now a Tour of the Keys seems more likely.
I'm thinking about doing the keys this fall/winter sometime. Then, if I get this new job I interviewed for this week, hopefully FINALLY making it to Bimini in 2020. This year was just too hectic with both home life and the whole Sands/power issues.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone stay at BIMINI BIG GAME CLUB RESORT & MARINA? Their dock rates don't look too bad, $2.75 per ft.
We stayed there for 2019, I liked it.
PRO: Small and quaint, Bar and restaurant steps away, golf cart rentals by the hour on site or steps away, price, location. Staff was really nice, ice was close, single stop for customs etc. Stores within walking distance

CON: Limited Kitchen. Just a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. (Cottage room 2 Queens) SALTwater pool... would have preferred a regular pool , WiFi only worked at the Pool/Bar/Rec area not in the room. All in all these were VERY MINOR cons.

We stayed in a half cottage, right by the dock, bar and pool, nothing was more than 100 feet away. Really enjoyed the stay.

We brought a mini grill and cooked a few meals, ate out a few meals.

Last edited:

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got a few boats from Houston area interested in july 2nd or 3rd to the 7th. Don't know where we're staying yet. Been debating on renting a house. But if the sands in lined out I'd like to stay there. The downside to a house is dock space. My buddy wants to bring his 37ft cobalt. With 3 boats going in my group I think the better option is a resort.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a few boats from Houston area interested in july 2nd or 3rd to the 7th. Don't know where we're staying yet. Been debating on renting a house. But if the sands in lined out I'd like to stay there. The downside to a house is dock space. My buddy wants to bring his 37ft cobalt. With 3 boats going in my group I think the better option is a resort.
Let me know if you're ok with a tag along, just for the crossing. We were looking at early July as well.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Let me know if you're ok with a tag along, just for the crossing. We were looking at early July as well.
Yeah that's no problem. So far we've got my buddies 24ft Yamaha, my 19ft scarab, a couple of jet skis and a 37ft cobalt. I'm sure the cobalt is gonna walk off and leave everyone. But it is what it is.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah that's no problem. So far we've got my buddies 24ft Yamaha, my 19ft scarab, a couple of jet skis and a 37ft cobalt. I'm sure the cobalt is gonna walk off and leave everyone. But it is what it is.
Thanks, I'm in a 242 Yamaha. Let me know if you make any reservations.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going to keep an eye on this trip, its either this or over to England. The fact that there are people from PA showing interest also helps.
For those who have done the trip in a 21 how was the crossing and what kind of speeds were you able to maintain?