• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I'm pretty sure I'm in for 2020 - may be on my ski though - have to wait for spring shakedowns

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm interested in making the trip as well. Will be watching this thread to see how everything develops.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yall have to be bugging @Andy S. I think he volunteered to take a big group in 2020. His available will determine the crossing date. I think he mentioned something about finding out his schedule on December if I remember correctly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am currently boatless but if everything works as planned on finding a new boat soon, I might be ready for 3rd-4th quarter 2020. This is on my bucket list. But I am well aware of the gear, preparations and boat specific knowledge needed for this kind of adventure.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got the boat in November, put in the water first time on March 31 and survived the 2017 crossing. You got plenty of time, just need to drop everything else in life and focous on this LOL

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am penciled in for July 13-17.
I would guess that would be latest group for the 2020 season due to storm season starting.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am penciled in for July 13-17.
I would guess that would be latest group for the 2020 season due to storm season starting.
I'd be up for this week as well. Son is getting married July 6th (so can't do anything before).

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may be interested in a mid July trip as well. We're doing Disney in early/mid June so will be back and forth to Florida. We're looking at probably having 4-6 adults.

We were signed up to go in 2018 but backed out last minute due to concern over the weather and Bimini sands. Boat is equipped to go minus a 2nd bilge.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh.... yow can I fit this into my schedule...

Guys start praying my son doesnt make allstar team. We dont have any "plans" until after allstar season is over right now and then headed to Alaska for week.

I'll be watching and trying to fit something into schedule.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I definitely want to go again and be a follower :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why emphases on “ follower” ?

jmschoolboy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We would love to try this sometime as well

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I definitely want to go again and be a follower :)
@afsigma21 organized and lead the group of 11 boats crossing this july to Bimini; its huge efforts and responsibilities to lead, but fun and excitement to be a follower in group

Last edited:

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree, one of the times I pulled it all through. The reverse move gets it 90% of the time!
Can you explain the "reverse move" for those who've never done it? Thanks in advance.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you explain the "reverse move" for those who've never done it? Thanks in advance.
Try searching for it. Julian has a real good explanation somewhere on the forum.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering trip also. Some family night taxi over. Long haul from PA to FL but others have done it