• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Fling photos and videos.....post them up!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did no one make it to Great Isaac's this year?
Water conditions were not great. I am not aware of anyone making the run. We were pretty focused on enjoying the water around Bimini.

Great Isaac's is interesting to me but I would prefer a nice beach or a good snorkel.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, so I was finally able to put some time in at the computer putting these videos together. Let me warn you, you won't see anything incredible here. There won't be anything to encourage / discourage future Bimini-ers. I wanted to create the most true and........
........ I plan to post another 4 segments I have which include the final attempt to go east and the return to Port Everglades. If YouTube ever stops giving me corrupt data errors...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3I7gR1Xa7WOZwZBIuYNaMnwfcl0LIs5

1. I cannot hear curse at all. So no worries about the raw footage. I personally love it. Closer to reality that some pseudo happy music. The only music I heard during this trip was Poseidon's drums.
2. Judging from your cushions behavior, most of my trip was like video3 at 10:29. You lost one cushion, I had all 4 of them out place by the time we hit the storm.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water conditions were not great. I am not aware of anyone making the run. We were pretty focused on enjoying the water around Bimini.

Great Isaac's is interesting to me but I would prefer a nice beach or a good snorkel.
I definitely understand that everyone has what they enjoy and I really do look forward to taking it easy in the Bahamas next year. That being said the same reason I have done the two adventures in the last two years is part of the excitement for me is seeing something new and different Great Isaac's is on the top of my priority list for that reason next year even if I only spend one day in Bimini I plan to try and make it there. I will admit though my value of distance of travel may be a little different then most lol 25 mile each way with a long break in between sounds like an easy run even in moderate conditions leaving at 8am being there by 9am hanging out enjoying the island and swimming and snorkeling the Island for a few hours I would be back by 1pm and still enjoy the afternoon in Bimini.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In general I have dark perception about life, so feel free to ignore the captions....

Notice that Zeus was the god of lightening.

Departing Bahia Mar

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you can take the boy out of Greece, but you cannot take Greece out the boy. Dramatization is stuck in my blood like STDs get stuck in the spine. It lays dormant, but every now and then a rush reminds what its in you.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski you know what that gear is ?
I'm pretty sure it's his GoPros - one fore and one aft (well, initially anyway) but I do not know the exact setup.
I believe @Bill D switched back from rum and kalik to bourbon and Rolling Rock this week - he is at Shelbyville soiree - so we may or may not hear from him for a while...

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol, sorry for my absence. As @swatski said, we were at Shelbyville last week with limited internet.

@swatski you know what that gear is ?
The information comes from the GoPro Hero 5 Black. It is a little known and lesser advertised feature of the camera, but one that I really like. I figured it would be very cool to add for the crossing. To enable, you simply turn on the GPS function on the camera. However, to add it to your video you have to import into GoPro's Quick software and select what you would like to overlay, then you can place and size the displays.

Since Quick pretty is pretty much useless for making anything other than a 1 minute clip, you then have to render the video and either import it into GoPro Studio or your software of choice. This whole process takes a lot of time just waiting for the computer to do its thing. But, I think the added data brings an extra layer to the video. Even though the GoPro lens makes it look really tame.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2. Judging from your cushions behavior, most of my trip was like video3 at 10:29. You lost one cushion, I had all 4 of them out place by the time we hit the storm.
@Betik what you can't see in the video is that by the end of things my wife had all of the bow cushions cornered in the back of the boat. It seems that having the filler cushions in the middle was the best way to keep them in their place.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is 3 unedited minutes of our departure from Port Everglades. I think you will find the conditions and the commentary interesting. @Betik, @chris24, @hobineros, @Valerie, @Watergirl and likely others will find their boats in this video.

As for the conditions. They were rough. Of the crossings to Bimini since 2010 two have been rougher, one was cancelled due to a hurricane, two were somewhat smooth and three were rough enough that new guys felt beaten.