• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini top-how do you cram an eye end in a crimped pole with no set screw

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Other
Got a replacement nylon internal eye end. Can't hammer it in without mangling the part. Any advice? Should I try to torch the pole first?

Torch doesn't sound right to me. But I am having trouble picturing it. Got pics? Thinking probably the crimping is holding it in, no? Might need to hack saw the eye and drill it...

These pix aren't great since it's dark out, but one pic is one of the ends properly attached and the other is the end and the pole. There's no set screw, just the crimp in the pole to hold it in. I've been trying to bang the end past the crimp, but it's not going in easily and is starting to trash the nylon eye end. They probably have some machine that stuffs them in at the factory. Ever seen this sort of thing before?

Attachments

• IMG_6580.jpg
    IMG_6580.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6578.jpg
    IMG_6578.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
Never have (but I am young (?)). Banging doesn't look like the answer either. That ridge is way too thick to get over that way. Torch is going to melt/burn things, so that is no good. Slow steady pressure? Like get a 2x4, put a notch in it the size of the flat part, and use a long bar clamp? Not even sure that will work... that is a pretty deep ridge. I wonder if they didn't put in that crimp thing afterward...

Back