• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Angles - Pensacola, FL July 16th

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I'm still lost on where to go. I couldn't care less about being near a beach. @ToddW850 @Westbeach Bum where's the best views?

I'm planning on putting in around 9 on Friday. Debating on either going out to the Gulf or riding the ICW from Wolf Bay to P-cola.
The best views, in my opinion, is closer to shore (toward the Gulf) and lined up with the Pensacola Beach Water Tower. I've heard the Blue Angels use the water tower as a point of reference. However, as you can see from the pictures I posted, we were a little north of shore and still had a great view. You won't go wrong anywhere in that area. You'll just be a little closer to the center of attention if you get closer to the Gulf/Water Tower.

Also, as far as getting there early, I think I was referring to car traffic. The parking lots start filling up at like 0600 hours. By boat is no issue (minus parking at the boat ramps). There will be plenty of space to anchor up. I'm launching around 0900 ish and will be there between 10-1030. Gotta stop in Navarre and pick up the in-laws, so hopefully they are ready and waiting.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just got on this forum, just bought a new 242 LSE. We're planning on headed that way from Navarre Beach on Friday and again on Sunday.
Awesome @ajccowboysfan ! Congrats on the new boat! You picked a great weekend to break her in. I see you picked her up at KM Cycle?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I found this. http://fishingdestinguide.com/boatramps-saltwater-PENSACOLA.html
A couple of us will heading over from east Alabama (Dothan area) and looking for the best options to launch. Also, are you all set on a viewing location yet? We'll be going Saturday morning and should be in the area around 10:30-ish. Air show starts at noon, Blue Angels fly at 2.
@blackhawkpilot I will be in the general area of the highlighted circle in the map I posted (page 2 I think). That's where we were last year. I may try to slide a little further south this year, depending on how many boats are already there. My kids are with us so I try to stay away from any crazies.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I think we're going to launch at either the Navarre Bridge or a little farther back at the Hurlburt Field boat launch in Mary Esther. @danbanks, what are you thinking for a good launch site?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum - with the current forecast for Friday when are you planning on going? I belive we're going to go on Saturday.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I was looking at the same thing. Now I'm thinking Saturday. Especially since we're so far away from our ramp. If a storm hits there's no racing back to the truck. We're just going to have to ride it out.
Yeah, forgot to mention a couple years ago a very nasty thunderstorm rolled through during the show. High winds etc, but heard it was bad. If that happens, nowhere to really go. @Scott griffith may have some better insight on what happened and where we could go if a bad storm rolls in.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think we're going to launch at either the Navarre Bridge or a little farther back at the Hurlburt Field boat launch in Mary Esther. @danbanks, what are you thinking for a good launch site?
Navarre's boat launch has definitely gotten better and has more parking. Wish I could tell you a time to get there to beat the rush, but I'm not sure. You might have better luck at the Hurlburt launch. And it's only 15 minutes or so from the Navarre one, so could be worth it.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Yes I was there it was about two three years ago it hot real bad I was lucky and was up close to the shore so we went inside flounders restaurant and had a few drinks .

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dang. Okay thanks.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D - Are you looking to come spend the weekend down here? Due to weather we're now looking at Saturday if you'd like to come down we can ride over together. We live/dock about 45 west of P-cola.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie Im trying to convince the wife. I'll know if I have permission by tomorrow morning. I think it would be an awesome time and a great intro to boating at the beach.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
"Baby, I just want to give you a very relaxing weekend at the beach."
"There's plenty of great shopping and amazing food."
"Just some you and me time with retail therapy included and a few hours of one Amazing-jaw-dropping American Heritage air show!"
Take your pick! IMHO - I would use all of them.
Just ask @RiverRat about Moe's BBQ! :-D

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a Moe's in Tuscaloosa. It's the best. Unfortunately, I think all she heard in my initial proposal was "shopping". I should have led with the beach.

I'll have to make another attempt at this. Haha

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get the approval for this trip. :( After 20 hours in the car a couple weeks ago and with another 20 coming up for the Shelbyville trip, the better half wasn't interested in adding 10 hours for a day trip to the beach.

Post up lots of pictures so I can show her how much fun we missed! :meh:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weather is looking much better for the show! I've lost count though...who's coming on Friday and who's coming on Saturday?

Screenshot_20160714-085832.png
Screenshot_20160714-085848.png

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a Saturday show watcher

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We'll be there Saturday.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get the approval for this trip. :( After 20 hours in the car a couple weeks ago and with another 20 coming up for the Shelbyville trip, the better half wasn't interested in adding 10 hours for a day trip to the beach.

Post up lots of pictures so I can show her how much fun we missed! :meh:
i would go but no place to stay. weather doesn't seem to be good for local lakes... :(