• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Angles - Pensacola, FL July 16th

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i would go but no place to stay. weather doesn't seem to be good for local lakes... :(
Have you looked near Orange Beach, AL? It's less than an hour away from P-cola by boat and has plenty of places to stay.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Are you talking your place? LoL its bit of a last minute and an hour is a longgg time on a boat

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry @blacksapphirez don't think the wife will go for that one.

As for the hour on the boat I've gotta prep them for next year's Bimini crossing! :-D

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez Last night when I was looking, there were two hotels in Foley that had rooms and were under $200. The Cornerstone and America's Best Value Inn.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're in for Saturday's show! We'll see you there @blackhawkpilot @ToddW850

If the waves aren't too bad I'm thinking about anchoring on the Gulf side. Looks like a good view point.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We're in for Saturday's show! We'll see you there @blackhawkpilot @ToddW850

If the waves aren't too bad I'm thinking about anchoring on the Gulf side. Looks like a good view point.
Awesome! Not 100% sure we will anchor in the Gulf. Not that it bothers me one bit, but my passengers may not dig it. And I know the Coast Guard keeps boat back a ways, but you will still have a great view. Let me know what you end up doing and I'll confirm with you where we end up anchoring. I'm still shooting for the circle I posted early. The far south of the circle, or just south of the circle itself.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blackhawkpilot @ToddW850 - I'm aiming for being at the launch by 10. Hoping to take the Gulf route and have about a hour long trip. I'll text when we hit the water. Weather is looking good!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@blackhawkpilot @ToddW850 - I'm aiming for being at the launch by 10. Hoping to take the Gulf route and have about a hour long trip. I'll text when we hit the water. Weather is looking good!
Right on! I'm still on schedule (at least close to it). I will be leaving my house now at 0900 sharp! Original plan was to be launching at 0900. Regardless, I should still be arriving at Pensacola around 1030-1100. I will monitor to see where you end up. I will upload a pic of my anchor spot. Unless you have a crazy good view in the Gulf, then I could be persuaded to head through the pass.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We're on the way!!

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're here! The Gulf is beautiful! 1468691177040-359884418.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure what happened to my post. I posted and uploaded pics.

Looks like a good spot @Bennie. Unfortunately "my group" put us behind and I wouldn't have time to get through the Pass.

@blackhawkpilot where did you end up anchoring?

But here is where I am. 3 Yammies and 1 Scarab anchored just to my east.

GOPR3806_1468688312643_high.JPG 20160716_131836.jpg I

ajccowboysfan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome @ajccowboysfan ! Congrats on the new boat! You picked a great weekend to break her in. I see you picked her up at KM Cycle?
Thanks! I sure did... great buy IMO. We (Me and my sons ) were out there watching the Blues on Friday. And then tubing immediately following. Fun times.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We were right on the edge of all the boats. Didn't get too far into all the mess of other boats.

Attachments

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were right on the edge of all the boats. Didn't get too far into all the mess of other boats.
Gotcha. Yeah, I found a spot that had good room around me. But definitely didn't find the same shallow spot. Chest deep last year. 11 feet this year. But the show was awesome!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was a great show! Listened to the show on 1620 to hear the names of the pilots and what maneuver they were performing. Got a great spot just south of the beach. The kid/family enjoyed the deep beautiful water...34ft! (and only saw one shark...lol). ("Saw" being the optimal word there.)

20160716_144249.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice @Bennie . Trying to figure out if we are doing the Sound next year, or the Gulf. Buddy of mine did the Gulf this year. Said he liked it, but you can't stand up (obviously). But yeah, that was a helluva show!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 - I'm lost on that one bud, what do you mean "you can't stand up"?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry @Bennie , that was a little confusing, now that I went back and read it. But the Gulf side is deep. However, on the Sound Side (ICW) it's shallow enough you can stand up. Where I anchored up last year it was only chest deep. However, I didn't find a spot close enough this year and it was over my head anyway. So just trying to juggle whether we want to be able to stand up again next year, or go in the Gulf. We will see. All weather depending, because no way my guests could sit through any kind of waves in the Gulf to watch. :(

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry @Bennie , that was a little confusing, now that I went back and read it. But the Gulf side is deep. However, on the Sound Side (ICW) it's shallow enough you can stand up. Where I anchored up last year it was only chest deep. However, I didn't find a spot close enough this year and it was over my head anyway. So just trying to juggle whether we want to be able to stand up again next year, or go in the Gulf. We will see. All weather depending, because no way my guests could sit through any kind of waves in the Gulf to watch. :(
Ahhh ok I got you. I don't know about your family but for the most part my family is usually floating anyways. So once we had eaten and were properly anchored we were out on tubes and loungers. But I can easily see where guest may still want to place their feet on sand. I've had guest like that too (I'm talking about you mom!)