• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boating Weather for the intercoastal FL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If you are boating on the intercoastal what is the breakpoint for weather conditions based on the ocean forecast? (in southeast FL)

From my experience with sustained winds of over ~12mph, you will start having to deal with spray as you cut through chop/wakes, and probably not going to be an enjoyable outing.

I would factor in the way the wind is blowing as well. If North or South, the waves will build. If East or West, waves will still build in wider sections of the ICW (my statement assumes the ICW is running N to S).

What part of FL are you boating in?

I have boated the ICW between Hillsboro Inlet and Miami on 20+ MPH wind days and had no issues with my 210. I gave up on the ICW however. To many slow areas, to much boat traffic.

From my experience with sustained winds of over ~12mph, you will start having to deal with spray as you cut through chop/wakes, and probably not going to be an enjoyable outing.

I would factor in the way the wind is blowing as well. If North or South, the waves will build. If East or West, waves will still build in wider sections of the ICW (my statement assumes the ICW is running N to S).

What part of FL are you boating in?
Thanks for your response!

SE Florida ICW. My boat is a 195S.

i use windy - 2ft sea is with somewhat calm wind is the only time i go off shore. Sea change so sometimes from 2 it goes 5ft mid day, still doable for my 190FSH.

Aqua- Careful with a 19ft boat. I have an AR195 and at the NC coast, things can change quickly. I usually stay in the Intercoastal.

Honestly just test your limits. There are parts of our ICW that aren’t even phased by 20+ mph winds.

Wind direction is a big factor as well. West winds down in Miami are favorable.

It is hot and humid and will rain somewhere, some time during the afternoon. Every day summer forecast. Have fun! I wouldn't live anywhere else.:cool:

Back