• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

STAY SAFE MY FLORIDA BOATING BROTHERS

I saw widespread power outages pop up on my phone.
IMG_6635.png

Water is rising still have 3 ft tide to rise boat is almost to flote

Attachments

• IMG_5549.jpeg
    IMG_5549.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Oh man.......

Are any of you guys able to report back this morning?

Are any of you guys able to report back this morning?
Power outages are widespread, current report I saw was 3M properties are without power, but based on my experience and depending on the reporting system that number of outages could be overstated due to multiple outage reports from each property. Again, depends on the reporting systems’ ability to weed out multiple reports from the same location. I’d assume that unless folks have some sort of UPS (uninterrupted power supply) / generator and or starlink or some other satellite based internet provider they’ll be off line until until power is restored. The cell towers are probably running on back up generators as well, and depending on the cell system the cellular system could be overloaded with everyone looking for information on their cell phones.

I see both @David Martin and @Thermobrett were both on line around 0300…

Glad I didn't bring my SX230 south to Daytona. Waverunner was to move in a few months ago but the shed got delayed thank the Lord so it's still safe up north! But look like we will be doing some kayaking as soon as the wind dies down.

Attachments

• 6221552470700771356-1.jpg
    6221552470700771356-1.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 35
Survived. Just a power flicker, and some ripped off pool screens.
IMG_6637.jpegIMG_6638.jpegIMG_6639.jpegIMG_6640.jpeg

These are some pics I took on our way to check on my wife’s aunt in Valrico.
IMG_6643.jpegIMG_6645.jpegIMG_6646.jpegIMG_6647.jpeg

Survived. Just a power flicker, and some ripped off pool screens.
View attachment 227553View attachment 227554View attachment 227555View attachment 227556

These are some pics I took on our way to check on my wife’s aunt in Valrico.
View attachment 227557View attachment 227558View attachment 227559View attachment 227560
Glad to hear your damage was minimal.

My Mom lives is The Villages, and was fortunate to only experience tropical force winds and rain.

Jim

Thanks for the prayers guys............ all is well 10ft storm surge above high tide.......... my house is 12.5 ft it was close watching the water rising fast..........wind speed only hit 87. The Yamaha floated as high as the steel I beams......she floated approx 4ft off her cradle the 4 lash lines allowed her to rise perfect and the 2 spring lines brought her back into position just as I left her sitting in her cradle.

Still running on the gen but can't complain fridge,freezer,TV,internet and fans all functioning as thay should. Spent the whole day helping my neighbors....broken water lines.......22,000 lb large boats off their cradles...........fixing generators that were stored improper..... cooking hot meals ect..............

We have some minor damage. I’ve never seen flooding in my area. I am Zone D at 30ish feet. It’s receded but started to get some in garage. Boat cover was holding in for dear life.

Been out of power since 6 Wednesday. Don’t foresee it coming back anytime soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpeg
    IMG_4370.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
We have some minor damage. I’ve never seen flooding in my area. I am Zone D at 30ish feet. It’s receded but started to get some in garage. Boat cover was holding in for dear life.

Been out of power since 6 Wednesday. Don’t foresee it coming back anytime soon.
Is that a fin in your backyard lol
IMG_6649.jpeg

Williams Park boat ramp up the street from work today.
IMG_6650.jpegIMG_6654.jpegIMG_6651.jpegIMG_6653.jpegIMG_6657.jpegIMG_6658.jpegIMG_6659.jpeg

I wonder how @Cobra Jet Steering LLC survived the storm?

I raised my boat as high as the lift allows, strapped the boat to the pilings and removed the drain plug. The keel is 2 feet above the current water level. In the 24 years we have lived here we have never had the canal rise to a level that would wet the keel.
Stay safe!

Probably no power. He is a few blocks from me.

I was just told it would be another 6 days no power hear in Punta Gorda............. 2 years ago in the cat 4 the power was down 3 days. I do get it...... a lot of resources went north to Pan handle and GA,KY TENN man those folks took it hard and Tampa, Sarasota got a direct hit....... Wow this ones for the record books.

Stay safe all and God Bless

Power companies are definitely in our area.

Second picture is part of a dock that washed up into a friends yard on the Caloosahatchee River.

Attachments

• IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    943.8 KB · Views: 16
There will be linemen coming from all over the country as part of the mutual aid program to get the lines back up and bring power back on. Probably one of the most under recognized groups of people in regards to disaster recovery, they work incredibly long hours in inhospitable conditions to restore power.

Power came back on a few hours ago..................nice not to wait the additional 6 days........not that I was having a tough time my generator was keeping up with my demand...............this is the third hurricane my little gen has gone through and she never missed a beat. She puts out 30amp plugged into my panel box and use 1 gal gas every 10 hours.........approx 4 gal can a day. I have 8 5gal cans + 50 gal in the boat and both cars full.

This is my forth hurricane in Florida and the biggest problem is gasoline most folks run out in their cars and their generators. I have lost count how many gens I have fixed this week with old stale gas and crud in the carbs. My hands are gas soaked. My little gen is now at a trailer park keeping 2 trailers going 2 fridge 2 freezer and fans with a few lights. By the time this is over she will might run 8 to 10 straight days. I check oil once a day and let her rest about 4 hours a day. She will be due a fresh oil and a plug change after this. Has not burned an once of oil yet.

Back