• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BOATS & BIKES

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All the bikes that came and gone..
91 Suzuki RM250
88 Sportster 883
2002 Roadstar Warrior
2006 Yamaha R6
2011 Ducati 848
2013 Ducati Hypermotard
2006 Roadstar Warrior

I left motorcycles last year and my last bike was a 2006 Roadstar Warrior with a lot of mods. It was actually rusting away under a cover in NYC, mice were making a nest, and then my neighbors bike was run over by a young kid. So I sold it and now i'm just doing mountain bikes, boats, and my superjet.

View attachment 106535View attachment 106536View attachment 106537View attachment 106538
What did you think of the Hypermotard? Its on my short list of next bike to purchase.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What did you think of the Hypermotard? Its on my short list of next bike to purchase.
Depends what you're looking for. The 2013 hypermotard was a good bike, but I wouldn't buy one again. I hated that factory exhaust and the best option was a $2300 termignoni system. They butchered the Hypermotard look with that low side exhaust. It also didn't feel anything like my 848. It felt as if they neutered the 848 and tossed it in the Hypermotard.. maybe that's why I was disappointed. Coming from the 848, the Hypermotard felt like an economical daily driver. I see it didn't take long for Ducati to revise the Hypermotard because now it is the 950 and the Hypermotard styling was fixed .. also i'm curious if the 950 is more fun.

Also, I did take the Hypermotard on some dirt trails around my town. I had all the ATV guys coming up like "iS tHAt A duCaTI?!" the traction control works good, but those factory tires break loose way too easy on wet rock.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any Diavel owners out there? If so, can you provide some first hand insight?

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My chopper and my newest toy.

Attachments

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any Diavel owners out there? If so, can you provide some first hand insight?
not owner, just quick test ride. Its rad, but Not terribly comfortable for all day every day. Would love to have one but not for main bike...

Ever ride a Vmax or the road warrior? Similar concepts...what VRod should have been... way cooler. Like another planet cooler. Cruiser style with Lightweight speed. and with that Ducati noise.... mmmm. . Crack the throttle and your mood changes.

I do remember the shifter being clunky. But I ride a BMW Oilhead boxer so thats par for my course LOL

felt it was a little too fast for seating position.... but it was FUN. That was just subjective to how I ride. If you're a cruiser bike person It will blow your mind. something like 150-160hp or something.... crazy.

Go get one and let me ride it. lol

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This thread doesn't look super active, but I'm (hopefully) transitioning from bikes to boats.

My first bike was a 1981 Yamaha Maxim 550, and it was a sweeeeet little in-line 4. Wish I had held onto it. I bought a total pig of a Honda Magna after that and puttered around for a few years, then finally got a 2008 Triumph Bonneville that I've put about 47,000 miles on.

Now that I live next to a lake and have kids, though, I'm less interested in riding and more interested in boating. So the Triumph is for sale to help finance my boat purchase. PM me if you have any interest or questions!

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
love the triumph! @Ribs77

My first bike was a 1978 gs1000, then yamaha vstar, then yamaha fz1, then bmw r1150r. now have a r1200rs.

My boy is riding a new yamaha mt03. looking at triumphs for his next bike. lots of learning to do though.

It would be tough for me to give up either, but id give up boats first i think, if forced.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
56 Pan Head

Attachments

Last edited:

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My last road love, and after a women crossed the double yellow and hit me head-on.
Then kids started to come along where my thinking looked at it from another angle/view, ... Me (getting another bike), Family (getting a boat), and the one of the best decisions we made, Family/Boat (with no regrets, ever).

Attachments

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My last road love, and after a women crossed the double yellow and hit me head-on.
Then kids started to come along where my thinking looked at it from another angle/view, ... Me (getting another bike), Family (getting a boat), and the one of the best decisions we made, Family/Boat (with no regrets, ever).
Those old sport bikes were awesome. Good choice on a boat. I didn't stop riding after a major accident, but the novelty of biking started to wear off in my 20's. I tried getting back into it with an ex-gf and bought a cruiser we could ride, but the bike ended with the relationship. Now i'm into boats and bachelor life is oh so good. Sometimes I shop for bikes, but I dont think it will have the same excitement as when I was in my early 20's when I was meeting with friends to do stupid s**t and meet girls. Now everyone has babies and wives :facepalm: maybe later in my life I will return to riding..

And some pictures below in 2017. The 1st picture is down the street from where I lived in weehawken, NJ. The views from the NJ side was beautiful and I was only 5 minutes to midtown manhattan. A crazy chapter in my life.. haha

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_4075.JPG
IMG_3459.JPG

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those old sport bikes were awesome. Good choice on a boat. I didn't stop riding after a major accident, but the novelty of biking started to wear off in my 20's. I tried getting back into it with an ex-gf and bought a cruiser we could ride, but the bike ended with the relationship. Now i'm into boats and bachelor life is oh so good. Sometimes I shop for bikes, but I dont think it will have the same excitement as when I was in my early 20's when I was meeting with friends to do stupid s**t and meet girls. Now everyone has babies and wives :facepalm: maybe later in my life I will return to riding..

And some pictures below in 2017. The 1st picture is down the street from where I lived in weehawken, NJ. The views from the NJ side was beautiful and I was only 5 minutes to midtown manhattan. A crazy chapter in my life.. haha

View attachment 149188

View attachment 149189
View attachment 149190
View attachment 149191
View attachment 149192
Oh yeah, the "stupid stuff". I maintain my m/c endorsement with the notion that there will be another road bike in my lifetime. For now, it's dirt bikes and mini-bikes to putt along on [flag]

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a few Yamaha bikes over the years.

2007 YZF-600R
2006 R6
2008 R1

Current bike is a little more extreme than those.

Built gen 1 hayabusa. RCC ultra turbo kit. Makes 600 to the wheel.