• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats on order - staying with your plan?

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We have a 212S on order - I hear now that it is on the way to the dealer. NY now has a 100% mandatory shutdown of non-essential businesses starting tomorrow too. Feel like the dealer is going to have hard times ahead given such a discretionary purchase.

Yamaha also just announced an extra $2K spiff apparently, I'll get to take advantage of that.... But - challenging times ahead business wise that seems likely to extend in the summer. I'm trying to decide if it's prudent to move forward.

I do have a $1K deposit with the dealer that they may or may not hold me to. I could always buy a 2020 in September for what seems like $5K less (vs. the $2K). Just not sure how much boating is going to happen this summer. I feel like our July trip to Michigan is in jeopardy. Of course nobody can predict or know.

Curious if any other members are having this debate with themselves....

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man I know how you feel. We put an offer on a house at the end of last week now I’m kinda scared of what’s going to happen with my business and if I’m going to be able to pay for it. Good luck with your decision.

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was close to buying, now waiting to see how everything shakes out. I imagine there could be some promotions/discounts coming

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really depends on your financial situation and how secure you are in your career. For example, my wife is a nurse so we are always somewhat secure financially.

I was planning on snowchecking a new snowmobile this spring but decided not to. We are cutting out frivolous spending until things turn around.

If I had a new boat on order (last year we boat a new AR210) I would be canceling it..With the job losses coming up I am guessing there will be some good deals on used boats coming very soon (unfortunately)...

On the other hand..continuing to buy boats and other toys will help keep the economy rolling...

Good luck with your choice.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We bought a new 212s in Feb. at the CNY boat show with a delivery in late March.
Still no word yet from our dealer. We are still planning on buying it. No reason to change our plans at this point. Although I am concerned about delays as NY is shutting down non essential businesses and the current offers are set to expire at the end of the month.
Just noticed the extra $2000 off pop up as well. I have to give our dealer a call to see what our options are.
My thoughts are that if we are always waiting for the better deal that's just around the corner then we'll end up never buying anything.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Tough call - it's an expense I could do without in these uncertain times.

Obviously, I enjoy boating but I keep reading that the distancing will have to continue for months, like through summer. If I can't really use the boat, should I be buying one. Sure, my wife & I can go but the idea was to also boat with family and friends.

Dark days...

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Dealer just called to say my 195s is in. Also mentioned the extra 2k from Yamaha which is nice cause I had a good boat show d Sal. I'm gonna do it but everyone's situation is different.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Dealer just called to say my 195s is in. Also mentioned the extra 2k from Yamaha which is nice cause I had a good boat show d Sal. I'm gonna do it but everyone's situation is different.
We must have the same dealer. Good people, I hope they are going to be OK as well as everyone else.

Trinburbest

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I took a stay-cation from my work and plan to get out on the water...at least in Florida, they can't close all the water holes. As to purchasing a boat and all, it has to be a tough call. Good luck in making the best decision for you.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We must have the same dealer. Good people, I hope they are going to be OK as well as everyone else.
Interesting, I am still waiting to here from my dealer in Syracuse... Unfortunately they are closed on Monday...

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our plans are unchanged - this COVID hysteria is just another seasonal cold so we don't care what's going on with it. As long as it doesn't affect our boating season, it's a non-issue for us. Already bought a JL Audio amp and new black fenders for the new boat.
🚤🚤🚤

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Our plans are unchanged - this COVID hysteria is just another seasonal cold so we don't care what's going on with it. As long as it doesn't affect our boating season, it's a non-issue for us. Already bought a JL Audio amp and new black fenders for the new boat.
🚤🚤🚤
I hope you are kidding. Pretty sure it may have an impact on the boating season.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope you are kidding. Pretty sure it may have an impact on the boating season.
Nope not kidding...my wife is a nurse - and I work in an essential service - it's all hysterical hype. As long my boat arrives on time, we expect to be boating the first weekend of May like normal.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Nope not kidding...my wife is a nurse - and I work in an essential service - it's all hysterical hype. As long my boat arrives on time, we expect to be boating the first weekend of May like normal.
I don't agree with you and have many connections in the medical community. But, I guess we'll see how things play out in the upcoming weeks/months. Frankly, I hope you're right.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’m going out on a limb and saying it’s somewhere between no big deal and Spanish flu. Either way, it’s not going to affect my boating season. Part of what I love about it is the “social distancing“ aspect of being on my own craft in the middle of a body of water.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't agree with you and have many connections in the medical community. But, I guess we'll see how things play out in the upcoming weeks/months. Frankly, I hope you're right.
I generally don't comment on this as the hysterical is causing backlash upon those who can rationalize the stats.

The media and government are making it into a hysterical mess. Do your own research and you'll find the seasonal flu kills 10x as many every winter. It's all hype...just follow the same precautions you take for the flu and chances are you won't catch it. If you do, so what, it's just a cold, not Ebola. Here's some stats for you directly from the Canadian government health website as of this morning:

COVID-19 in Canada March 22, 2020, 9:00 am EDT
Number of people tested
Confirmed cases
Probable cases
Deaths

Seasonal flu infects approximately 12,200 and kills 3,500 in Canada every single year, year after year after year. Yes those numbers are real. Yet why no hype over that fact?

COVID-19 is barely a blip on the radar by comparison, so why the hype? There's nothing else to report in the news, and TV shows and movies have created artificial beliefs, that's why. Just look at the way the news is reporting it - with terrifying graphics and alarmist tones - of course the public is going to panic.

You can go to the CDC's own website for the US and read the stats for the flu, and then you have to ask yourself why the hype:

My wife and I are young enough and healthy, so we have nothing to fear from this supposed outbreak, which is why we're still going to work every day and moving forward in a normal manner.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now back to waiting for our new boat...

:winkingthumbsup"

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife is a nurse too, I'm a police sergeant. This is not hysteria, it's very serious. I will concede not like the media makes it out to be, but we all need to be using common sense right now, which is apparently difficult for a lot of people. Here's a pic of the wife at work yesterday, they wouldn't be wearing all that PPE for no reasonIMG_8397.jpg

Last edited:

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My wife is a nurse too, I'm a police sergeant. This is not hysteria, it's very serious. I will concede not like the media makes it out to be, but we all need to be using common sense right now, which is apparently difficult for a lot of people.
Wisdom!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just picked up a 195S on Feb 29th. Does anyone know when the 2K incentive started or the details. I noticed it ends April 1st