• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats on order - staying with your plan?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Over here dealers won’t even allow test drives, so you always have to buy without testing it.
That sucks...even older model tests that would at least give you an idea are out of the question?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So nothing to counter the facts or offer useful input, nor commentary on those facts. Just throw insults is your response? Seems to be a trend with you...if you don't like the answer, you choose to insult them instead. I find that rather boring.

So anywho, heard my dealer should be fielding phone calls tomorrow...I'll look into the status of our order. Hopefully things are progressing somewhat!
🚤 🚤
This is not the flu. People don't die within days of being diagnosed with the flu. People aren't on ventilators flooding ICU's with the flu. Being essential means nothing hell most of us are probably essential lol.

image.jpeg

Your wife being nurse should know this is a more serious virus than the flu. It's the rate of infection and the fact 25% of people who are infected show no symptoms while unknowingly spreading the virus not to mention there is no vaccine that causes this virus to be far more deadly than other viruses before. I was like you at first thinking this was made-up hypermedia driven nonsense but that's not the case I'm afraid.

As far as yalls dealers being shutdown not sure why but I guess that is what your state decided. Our dealer has made the service dept essential so therefore they are technically open. The sales side of the dealership here is working from home and if there is a boat to be sold they can handle the paperwork online with you and they leave the boat outside the gates for you to pick up when ready. At least that is what they are doing now and hoping mine doesn't fully close.

Last edited:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is not the flu. People don't die within days of being diagnosed with the flu. People aren't on ventilators flooding ICU's with the flu.
Seems most people don't know what happens every year with the flu...they don't know because it doesn't make the news like this COVID hysteria. The last news worthy respiratory virus was H1N1 in 2009, and that was just simple reporting of the infection - panic news stories. Today COVID hysteria driven by news and social media has caused world wide panic over a cold.

Nope it's not the flu, it's a coronavirus, different type of virus but it has similar respiratory effects, like a cold. Thousands of people in the US die from the flu every year within days of being diagnosed (severe or acute respiratory distress) and they're usually on ventilators at the time. People generally don't run to the hospital with the flu because it's a yearly thing and there has been no panic in the streets, but when it becomes a severe case as is common with the elderly, then they go to hospital with trouble breathing. Many survive, but thousands don't. This is not speculation, it's known fact, year after year.

As a point of reference - about 150,000 people die every day around the world from colds, flu, age, and accidents. COVID has only killed half that in four months. That works out to 416 deaths per day around the world compared to daily deaths of 150,000 - it's a blip on the radar by comparison. Why aren't these numbers being put out there? Because nobody cares to hear the good news that COVID isn't so bad - yet bad news sells and the media is in the business of making money. News no longer reports the facts as they happen/ed. Now it's all about creating FUD to drive up viewership and dollars instead of the truth. I can't recall the last time a major network reported the news honestly with accurate facts. And since COVID has created such hysteria, all we see is more bad news about it to feed the media monster.

If COVID-19 was simply reported as an easily spread flu like virus, there would not have been this hysterical panic. But several key words like contagious, infection rates, epidemic, and pandemic, all trigger "zombie apocalypse" images in people's heads, and panic starts.
Your wife being nurse should know this is a more serious virus than the flu. It's the rate of infection and the fact 25% of people who are infected show no symptoms while unknowingly spreading the virus not to mention there is no vaccine that causes this virus to be far more deadly than other viruses before. I was like you at first thinking this was made-up hypermedia driven nonsense but that's not the case I'm afraid.
Knowing the facts is why she is not overly concerned. Yes it is more contagious and spreads easily, but it's effects are generally milder and less deadly than seasonal flu, hence why it's not really more serious or deadly or disconcerting. Because it spreads easily, the only real concern is keeping the elderly and weak safe from exposure and that's done the same way we've always done it for the flu or common cold. This is a known fact.
As far as yalls dealers being shutdown not sure why but I guess that is what your state decided. Our dealer has made the service dept essential so therefore they are technically open. The sales side of the dealership here is working from home and if there is a boat to be sold they can handle the paperwork online with you and they leave the boat outside the gates for you to pick up when ready. At least that is what they are doing now and hoping mine doesn't fully close.
Here in Canada boating season hasn't started, so they're not deemed essential. We're just stuck in a holding pattern till the rate of infection drops off. RoI graphs may actually be showing signs of slowing down. We'll probably have a second wave of higher RoI which is typical of viral infections like the seasonal flu, so we can expect another surge, and then finally dying off.

As with all colds and flus, this will eventually blow over and be forgotten about as usual. I just hope they don't do it again next season. COVID-20 hysteria could irrevocably damage the world economy as it would likely be even more driven by the media monster.

YMMV

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's not just the elderly that is dying though. Ages have been from people in their 20's, 30's, 40's and up. Some people with no history of underlying conditions and others with compromised immune systems. It seems all over the place and no specific target. Obviously the elderly and those with compromised immune systems will always be the most at risk but what we are seeing in the states is that it's not just them who are dying. Last year in the US CDC says there were 24k-61k flu deaths. Last year Italy had over 2 million cases of the flu and only 240 deaths, in contrast to the covid-19 virus Itally has over 132k cases and over 16.5k deaths. It's easy to see this is much deadlier than the seasonal flu. If the US projections hold then they expect 100k-200k deaths from the covid-19 virus. Hopefully we get nowhere near those numbers. Currently we have 10k deaths and over 350k cases here in the US and we are 3 months in. The math is there for this to be very serious but you're welcome to think as you wish. Unfortunately this looks like it will eclipse the average seasonal flu deaths very soon at the rate we are going.

Last edited:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's not just the elderly that is dying though. Ages have been from people in their 20's, 30's, 40's and up. Some people with no history of underlying conditions and others with compromised immune systems. It seems all over the place and no specific target. Obviously the elderly and those with compromised immune systems will always be the most at risk but what we are seeing in the states is that it's not just them who are dying.
While it's true a few younger people have died, from what I've read most of them likely had contributing conditions that were not known prior to their deaths. Not far from my city a middle aged person around died due to complications from COVID-19. It was then turned into hysteria and reported that COVID "can kill anyone". While it's true anyone can succumb to an illness, there's no reason to report it in such a way as to cause more fear and panic. Turns out they failed to report that he had diabetes, obesity, and possibly heart disease - those complications increase the risk of death from less than 0.9% to well over 10% regardless of age. That's more than a 10 fold increase and the reality is that COVID-19 simply is not the all-out killer virus it's been made out to be by the media.

Check out the facts:

This site shows current stats - look at the probability rates based on age group. Anything below 1% is essentially insignificant and likely would be due to contributing factors. Scroll down further to see comorbidity rates where the factors climb from other illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes. These are typical stats for any bad cold or flu that affects the respiratory tract.

It's normal virus stats, not "end of the world" panic stats. But the media doesn't want you to know that, it doesn't sell.
:rolleyes:
On the topic at hand, spoke with our dealer today and although things are behind due to the lockdown, they're still hoping to get shipments in the next few weeks. We hope we can stay on schedule for beginning of May to pick up our new boat. Fingers crossed!
:winkingthumbsup"

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While it's true a few younger people have died, from what I've read most of them likely had contributing conditions that were not known prior to their deaths. Not far from my city a middle aged person around died due to complications from COVID-19. It was then turned into hysteria and reported that COVID "can kill anyone". While it's true anyone can succumb to an illness, there's no reason to report it in such a way as to cause more fear and panic. Turns out they failed to report that he had diabetes, obesity, and possibly heart disease - those complications increase the risk of death from less than 0.9% to well over 10% regardless of age. That's more than a 10 fold increase and the reality is that COVID-19 simply is not the all-out killer virus it's been made out to be by the media.

Check out the facts:

This site shows current stats - look at the probability rates based on age group. Anything below 1% is essentially insignificant and likely would be due to contributing factors. Scroll down further to see comorbidity rates where the factors climb from other illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes. These are typical stats for any bad cold or flu that affects the respiratory tract.

It's normal virus stats, not "end of the world" panic stats. But the media doesn't want you to know that, it doesn't sell.
:rolleyes:
On the topic at hand, spoke with our dealer today and although things are behind due to the lockdown, they're still hoping to get shipments in the next few weeks. We hope we can stay on schedule for beginning of May to pick up our new boat. Fingers crossed!
:winkingthumbsup"
You ought to read the sources on your stats. Data in that table has not been updated since February, there have been many more fatalities in the 30-50 age range, in addition to several infant deaths. That data is from Chinese evaluations, only. Nothing about this is 'essentially insignificant'.

More recent, US specific data:

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I dropped some food off at my in laws in North NJ. Past the hospital not to far from their house. It had a refrigerated trailer in the street with make shift walls connecting it to a door. I don't think that truck was dropping off frozen pizza for the cafeteria. I have heard thats not an uncommon site for the other hospitals around there. Thats not normal. You can't even compare the current numbers to past events because even with the country mostly shut down the numbers are still growing exponentially.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I dropped some food off at my in laws in North NJ. Past the hospital not to far from their house. It had a refrigerated trailer in the street with make shift walls connecting it to a door. I don't think that truck was dropping off frozen pizza for the cafeteria. I have heard thats not an uncommon site for the other hospitals around there. Thats not normal. You can't even compare the current numbers to past events because even with the country mostly shut down the numbers are still growing exponentially.
I don't think you're using the word "exponentially" correctly - it means more and more or faster and faster growth with an increasing rate. According to the current stats, numbers are slowing:
Today
USA456,712+21,78516,231 +1,443
Yesterday
USA434,927 +31,93514,788 +1,940

The key numbers are new cases down ~10,000 and new deaths down ~500. That's the opposite of exponentially.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don't think you're using the word "exponentially" correctly - it means more and more or faster and faster growth with an increasing rate. According to the current stats, numbers are slowing:
Today
USA456,712+21,78516,231+1,443
Yesterday

USA434,927 +31,93514,788+1,940
The key numbers are new cases down ~10,000 and new deaths down ~500. That's the opposite of exponentially.
Yes you are correct they are no longer expanding exponentially for the last few days. However this was not the case until recently and is a direct result from keeping people isolated.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Essentially unchanged numbers - look at those numbers under 65, half of those over 65. These are still typical numbers, nothing alarming or end of the world apocalyptic stats.
Pretty clear you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word significant means. I'm going to cease our interactions here, as you have an unfathomably poor understanding of the severity. It's reasonable to engage in discourse about whether or not the current mitigation steps are reasonable, but to write this off as insignificant or nothing but the flu... well I'd explain what that means but I don't want to be the first person to get a warning around here.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, even ignored still see the nonsense...
Sigh 😔...
1586461115860.jpeg

1586461029000.jpeg

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have any dealers, like vehicles, getting antsy with sales and chumming the waters with special offers? I spring order snowmobiles and they are throwing out pretty agressive offers to entice the spring orders. Or are dealers holding tight in hopes this turns around to salvage a boating season?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have any dealers, like vehicles, getting antsy with sales and chumming the waters with special offers? I spring order snowmobiles and they are throwing out pretty agressive offers to entice the spring orders. Or are dealers holding tight in hopes this turns around to salvage a boating season?
Nothing here yet I don't think...probably hoping for a quick resolution first. We're waiting for our boat to arrive so we might yet see some incentives.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty clear you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word significant means. I'm going to cease our interactions here, as you have an unfathomably poor understanding of the severity. It's reasonable to engage in discourse about whether or not the current mitigation steps are reasonable, but to write this off as insignificant or nothing but the flu... well I'd explain what that means but I don't want to be the first person to get a warning around here.
No I don't believe so, significant means something is noteworthy. The rate of infection, is noteworthy, but the rest of the stats are actually average and not alarming at all. I'm not trying to belittle those who have lost family or friends due to COVID-19, on the contrary. But to panic over the situation is counter-productive and has done great harm to the economy. With all the billions of bail-out dollars flying around, who do you think will be paying for all this? Millions of working taxpayers will be the ones on the hook to refill the coffers. I find that fact to be somewhat significant and could lead to a greater crisis (recession if you will) than the virus.

If that happens, we can forget about our plans to buy a new boat, car, house, whatever.
YMMV

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why bring me into this today? I have purposely tried to avoid any virus talk outside of the OT section. Heck I saw this coming a mile away and even tried to get ahead of it by suggesting last month people discuss it in OT thread instead of everywhere else on the forum https://jetboaters.net/threads/gettin-crazy-out-there.25698/post-429566

I'm not trying to argue with people on here and don't care to. Please don't drag my name into nonsense. This virus tends to strike nerves with everyone and we all have cabin fever so I try and just not get too invested in it anymore. We are all in the same proverbial boat of waiting it out. Some days people are having a bad day and other days people have decent days. I don't know the last time I had a "good" day with all this uncertainly with jobs and such. Probably why some people have vented a few times, including myself as I'm not perfect and have faults like any other human. Nobody likes this virus crap and we just want our summer but hell not even sure if we will get to enjoy it. There are a few people I've had to use ignore feature recently (first time ever) and so far it's going great and makes my time on here more enjoyable like it used to be. Part of me thinks that new system @Julian is pushing out is partly my fault and if that is the case I truly hate to be involved. I'm on this forum mainly to help people out with their boat or just share the same hobby of enjoying boating. I've been on here for years just enjoying this forum and I don't want to be part of any problem or fights in here if I can help it. I don't care to get into arguments or duke it out with anyone tbh. I'll just put them on ignore so I don't have to see or argue with someone who's obviouly wanting to get me riled up by trolling or following my posts around to intentionally thumb them down. Just childish behavior and I'm done with it on here.

I just want to go boating or at least see and touch my damn boat and do garage boating in a shed. I don't care at this point just tired of being cooped up.

/rant

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Eh, it'll get back to normal at some point, hak. It's kinda like the winter grumpies that us northerners get (especially the ones not north enough for fun things like snowmobiling), but now everyone's getting it. I mentioned to my wife today that I'm pretty good on the quarantine thing, but I'm going to start getting ornery when its boat/beach weather and my toys stay parked.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can tell it’s starting to get to my wife. She hasn’t been herself the past few days and I can tell she is getting a little down and depressed at times. Homeschooling and mounting work issues don’t help either. Her family are all real close and they always see each other every single weekend. On the other hand I’m not as close with my side of the family so I’m kind of used to being distant with them. I know it will get better. Just sucks we’ve had amazing weather for a week straight and it really makes it hard to not be out in the water. Even my wife has been saying she just wants to get out on the boat and cruise which coming from her I’m in shock and I’m like damn this virus needs to be gone cause if momma bear wants to get out on the water that instantly means more time for me surfing behind the boat!! :D