• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats on order - staying with your plan?

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in CNY too but bought a SX190 just west of cny. Waiting for the non essential ban to end so I can get it. Took advantage of the extra 2k off. I'll make my first payment before I even see her (other than checking it out at boat show)

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yamaha sweetened the plan for April and added 90 day payment deferrals. I imagine they are worried...

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I live in CNY too but bought a SX190 just west of cny. Waiting for the non essential ban to end so I can get it. Took advantage of the extra 2k off. I'll make my first payment before I even see her (other than checking it out at boat show)
Oh wow, you bought a boat without ever driving it? Had you owned a Yamaha before? I was planning on doing a test drive since I’ve never driven in a Yamaha jet boat before, but it’s looking more unlikely that will happen if I am trying to get one for early spring. I sat in them at the boat shows but that’s the extent of my experience with them.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Oh wow, you bought a boat without ever driving it? Had you owned a Yamaha before? I was planning on doing a test drive since I’ve never driven in a Yamaha jet boat before, but it’s looking more unlikely that will happen if I am trying to get one for early spring. I sat in them at the boat shows but that’s the extent of my experience with them.
I bought my first Yamaha back in 2011 without driving one. I actually bought in North Carolina, flew down to buy it and took it for the weekend down there. They brought it up for me a few weeks later. You'll like it but I now recommend you buy from your local Yamaha dealer. Was a bad experience for me all the way around and they didn't care about any future business, etc. 2nd time around - bought local from a great dealer. Hopefully DMV opens back up one of these days and I can get it in early May.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So my boat is in but the dealer is unable to do registrations (of boat or trailer). They have a NYS DMV terminal but with new registrations there is still DMV office work. He is hoping they are going to provide a work around soon. It would really suck to have my boat sit there in the lot once the season starts.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So my boat is in but the dealer is unable to do registrations (of boat or trailer). They have a NYS DMV terminal but with new registrations there is still DMV office work. He is hoping they are going to provide a work around soon. It would really suck to have my boat sit there in the lot once the season starts.
That's too bad. Mine never made it out of the factory before they shutdown. But at least I should be able to get better financing and warranty.

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The COVID-19 is real. The way to combat it is keep to yourself. Keep your family safe and press on. My opinion on that.
Now for the boat purchase. We bought a 2019 242 Limited E at the end of last year. Paid a lot less than sticker. Enjoyed it for one month (7 trips to the surrounding Oklahoma lakes) then put it in heated storage. Come next month, going to the lake as often as we can to enjoy the sunshine and the company of each other. For the couples who want to join us, moor up with a six foot rope and we are good! We are even going to Beaver lake this weekend to look at land for our “forever house”.
Trials and tribulations come and go. Protect yourself and the ones you love and enjoy what you have been offered. This will pass and the world will rebound. We did it through wars and war actions, terrorist attacks, and mass shootings. Keep you hull wet and your powder dry.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, bought it without testing it. I figure it has to be better then my current 1990 Maxum. I checked it out at the boat show, loved it. Almost bought a used Scarab 195, but ended up new. Dealers here have sold out of SX190s for last two years (been watching the market tire kicking for 2 years) so when this extra 2k off came with boat show pricing I'd figure I'd jump. I read let's of good info on here. When I bought mine, the dealer had 8 SX190s, I bought the 7th one. Hopefully I'll be able to get it early May

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Over here dealers won’t even allow test drives, so you always have to buy without testing it.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We bought ours(still waiting on delivery) without a test drive, but I've been looking at them for years.

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ahhh, honestly I guess i hadn’t really thought too far into it. I’ve only purchased one boat in my life and it was used from a family member so I obv has a test drive. I guess it makes sense that you would probably struggle to get a dealer to take you out in a new boat before you purchased it. It’s not as easy as going for a test drive in a car.

I’m currently chatting with a dealer virtually trying to work out a deal. Very different negotiating over email and phone than in person. Wish me luck!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, COVID hysteria is really making a mess of the economy and spring prep. I was planning on building a new 20 ft deck in the backyard and don't think that'll happen this year the way things are going either...
☹
Reading this thread, I assumed your first two or three posts were a really bad attempt at humor. I guess not.

There were those here comparing this to seasonal flu a few weeks back but doing this now should without a doubt be a leading contender for the "the most ignorant series of post" of the year...

No offense intended, I'm commenting strictly on the content of your posts, not you personally. But I must add, you seem to have no clue.

--

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Reading this thread, I assumed your first two or three posts were a really bad attempt at humor. I guess not.
There were those here comparing this to seasonal flu a few weeks back but doing this now should without a doubt be a leading contender for the "the most ignorant series of post" of the year...
No offense intended, I'm commenting strictly on the content of your posts, not you personally. But I must add, you seem to have no clue.
I work in an essential service. My wife is a nurse. We know exactly what's going on, and our opinion hasn't changed nor is it likely to change as the facts and stats have no reason to cause a change. Also I don't get offended easily because opinions vary.

This COVID hysteria has no basis for the reaction and hysteria it has caused - I blame social media where some are causing FUD and others are causing the young to spread it further.

Let's talk facts.
FACT: The yearly seasonal flu kills more people than COVID has by a large margin, yet they're going nuts over it with one official calling it the "killer virus of the century" - talk about exaggeration. Why didn't they do this for the 2017 flu season which was a bad one with slightly higher mortality rates than normal. Or H1N1 in 2009 which killed over 151,00 - why wasn't the country shut down then? Same reason, it's normal. COVID-19 is just another flu - it's not more deadly, it's not to be feared by the healthy. It's transmissible more easily than a typical flu, hence the reason it has spread so far so fast. But has it caused any worse conditions than the season flu? Nope...just the economy coming to a halt.

FACT: From the CDC website:
"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza"

FACT: These US-only numbers are 35x higher than current stats of COVID-19 world wide at only 1,258,198 infections. That means it's a lot less of a transmission issue than the previous years' flu season, and it's not spreading as fast as the hysteria suggests which is a good thing.

FACT: The number of US infections as of today for COVID-19 is 328,662 which is 1/10th of last years seasonal flu for the US.

FACT: Reported US deaths as of today is 9,365 which is 1/4 of last years seasonal flu for the US.

If you treat COVID-19 like you do any other cold or flu with the same precautions, it'll eventually die off just like every seasonal flu does year after year. When people get the flu, do you go visit them or do you stay away? Same thing applies here, but too many are simply not treating it like a flu and are continuing to spread it to those who are vulnerable, like the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. Note that my wife and I typically don't catch colds or the flu because we take the logical precautions every flu season. Many don't take precautions and they catch something, that's normal as evidenced by the fact that we get a seasonal flu.

I predict this will go on for weeks to come - not because it's any worse than seasonal flu, but because people are not protecting themselves from this and continue to spread it. Until the spread slows or stops, we'll be stuck in this lockdown and watch the economy continue to crumble.

Those are the facts which you can check yourself online.
If you don't agree with the facts, that's your choice.
Opinions vary.

Now getting back on topic - as long as we can get our newly ordered boat without much hassle, we will continue with the purchase. No reason to change our plans.
:winkingthumbsup"

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's too bad. Mine never made it out of the factory before they shutdown. But at least I should be able to get better financing and warranty.
That's our concern - our dealer is closed so we can't even check to see if it was shipped or not, or if it was even built yet.
😞

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I work in an essential service. My wife is a nurse. We know exactly what's going on, and our opinion hasn't changed nor is it likely to change as the facts and stats have no reason to cause a change. Also I don't get offended easily because opinions vary.

This COVID hysteria has no basis for the reaction and hysteria it has caused - I blame social media where some are causing FUD and others are causing the young to spread it further.

Let's talk facts.
FACT: The yearly seasonal flu kills more people than COVID has by a large margin, yet they're going nuts over it with one official calling it the "killer virus of the century" - talk about exaggeration. Why didn't they do this for the 2017 flu season which was a bad one with slightly higher mortality rates than normal. Or H1N1 in 2009 which killed over 151,00 - why wasn't the country shut down then? Same reason, it's normal. COVID-19 is just another flu - it's not more deadly, it's not to be feared by the healthy. It's transmissible more easily than a typical flu, hence the reason it has spread so far so fast. But has it caused any worse conditions than the season flu? Nope...just the economy coming to a halt.

FACT: From the CDC website:
"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza"

FACT: These US-only numbers are 35x higher than current stats of COVID-19 world wide at only 1,258,198 infections. That means it's a lot less of a transmission issue than the previous years' flu season, and it's not spreading as fast as the hysteria suggests which is a good thing.

FACT: The number of US infections as of today for COVID-19 is 328,662 which is 1/10th of last years seasonal flu for the US.

FACT: Reported US deaths as of today is 9,365 which is 1/4 of last years seasonal flu for the US.

If you treat COVID-19 like you do any other cold or flu with the same precautions, it'll eventually die off just like every seasonal flu does year after year. When people get the flu, do you go visit them or do you stay away? Same thing applies here, but too many are simply not treating it like a flu and are continuing to spread it to those who are vulnerable, like the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. Note that my wife and I typically don't catch colds or the flu because we take the logical precautions every flu season. Many don't take precautions and they catch something, that's normal as evidenced by the fact that we get a seasonal flu.

I predict this will go on for weeks to come - not because it's any worse than seasonal flu, but because people are not protecting themselves from this and continue to spread it. Until the spread slows or stops, we'll be stuck in this lockdown and watch the economy continue to crumble.

Those are the facts which you can check yourself online.
If you don't agree with the facts, that's your choice.
Opinions vary.

Now getting back on topic - as long as we can get our newly ordered boat without much hassle, we will continue with the purchase. No reason to change our plans.
You really are clueless...
Bless your heart, dude, lol.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You really are clueless...
Bless your heart, dude, lol.
So nothing to counter the facts or offer useful input, nor commentary on those facts. Just throw insults is your response? Seems to be a trend with you...if you don't like the answer, you choose to insult them instead. I find that rather boring.

So anywho, heard my dealer should be fielding phone calls tomorrow...I'll look into the status of our order. Hopefully things are progressing somewhat!
🚤 🚤

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So nothing to counter the facts or offer useful input, nor commentary on those facts. Just throw insults is your response? Seems to be a trend with you...if you don't like the answer, you choose to insult them instead. I find that rather boring.

So anywho, heard my dealer should be fielding phone calls tomorrow...I'll look into the status of our order. Hopefully things are progressing somewhat!
🚤 🚤
That gives me a chance to use the "ignore" button, never done that before.
Bye @Compatico, you are too much, lol.

--

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We bought ours(still waiting on delivery) without a test drive, but I've been looking at them for years.
Same here...been looking at various new boats for the last couple of years. But we've done a test drive of a previous model year and the 2020 will be even better.