• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats on order - staying with your plan?

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We don’t have a boat on order, but we close on a new house next week and sell our current house the following week. Trying to get both moved up in case this gets worse.

Probably not the best time to buy a new house, but a real good time to sell our current one! I’ve also looked around and talked to our realtor, it’s apparently still a hot market, with houses getting offers quickly and for full ask. So at least right now, it doesn’t feel like we are buying at the top of the market (like we did in 2007!).

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hopefully if you did buy your boat you took liquid money that was in the stock market and paid in full to eliminate paying any interest. I did this last year and as the market was gaining it had me very very marginally thinking about the gains that money would have made . Now I’m so glad that money was taken out of the market and spent on something that creates the most amazing family memories that are invaluable . For anyone on the fence if you have available finances that can carry you and your family for 10 months with no income go for it you deserve it.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We opted for 5 years at 1.99%. At the time my investments were making a lot more money. So paying out in cash would have been a mistake. Only time will tell going forward.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just checked with Yamaha Customer Service. The 2K incentive runs from March 18th-April 1st. So now would be a good time to buy if your on the fence.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still can't believe I missed out on this deal :( I purchased my boat on feb 18.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I'm not real happy about this either since we were planning on picking up the boat in March and dealer encouraged us to pick up in Feb so we would not lose the financing incentives. We picked up ours on Feb 29th. Incentives did not change for March.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Pretty sure this incentive is due to the crisis at hand to keep buyers. I bet they extend.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My purchase was in February as well but dealer said I can get the 2K (I have not paid in full yet). He also mentioned that it works because I paid cash - if financing I would not be able to get the deal. (At least that is what I think he said).

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My purchase was in February as well but dealer said I can get the 2K (I have not paid in full yet). He also mentioned that it works because I paid cash - if financing I would not be able to get the deal. (At least that is what I think he said).
Our purchase was in Jan at a boatshow, so we got the boat show pricing and opted for the extended warranty incentive. We took delivery (and paid) last Friday, neither the dealer or we were aware of the $2K incentive. I called the dealer today about it (thanks to this thread), they looked into it, and are sending me a check for the $2K. :) We did do financing but not thru Yamaha.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That must be the kicker. If you finance via Yamaha your not getting the incentive. At least that is what I was told

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That must be the kicker. If you finance via Yamaha your not getting the incentive. At least that is what I was told
Correct. When I bought, it was either the good interest rate from Yamaha OR extended warranty. So I went with a good rate from my bank and the warranty.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same "boat" here - our 212S has been at the dealership in central WI since January but we haven't taken delivery yet because it's too damn cold. I guess luckily, our governor issued a "safer at home" order that basically exempted nearly every business in the state, including marine sales and service. So for now, we're waiting for it to get prepped so we can pick it up and be ready for a nice, warm day.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our purchase was in Jan at a boatshow, so we got the boat show pricing and opted for the extended warranty incentive. We took delivery (and paid) last Friday, neither the dealer or we were aware of the $2K incentive. I called the dealer today about it (thanks to this thread), they looked into it, and are sending me a check for the $2K. :) We did do financing but not thru Yamaha.
That has got to be the first time in the history of the board that we actually SAVED someone money... Usually we just help you spend it.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Interesting, we bought in late Feb., but the factory shut down before our boat was finished We have our own financing and got the 3 year warranty. Yamaha told the dealer we won't get the 2k. Something about the incentive is for people who had not yet purchased their boat. It seems dependent on how far along the purchase was for us... Probably will be late April till we get our.boat at best.
I have no reason to doubt what the dealer is telling us the truth at this point.

Teledatageek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well we've decided to stay the course and buy our boat. Figure you have to still have fun amidst all the turmoil, otherwise what's the point? Signing tomorrow. $2K incentive as well as Yamaha 15 year financing. Also got the boat show discount of $1K and 3 year warranty.

Decided to finance the entire balance and hold the planned downpayment for that just in case... can always pay it down/off later. Also went with 15 year vs. 10 year to be conservative on cash flow.

Last edited:

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am in the market for a new boat this year and have been eyeing up Yamaha, but this pandemic is really making it difficult to do my due diligence. I am in NJ so NJ/NY dealers are closed and thus haven't be able to do a test drive. I am still planning on going ahead with the purchase but not sure when that'll happen. Def won't be able to take advantage of the 2k discount but hopefully a bigger one will come since all of this Covid shit.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup, COVID hysteria is really making a mess of the economy and spring prep. I was planning on building a new 20 ft deck in the backyard and don't think that'll happen this year the way things are going either...
☹

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yup, COVID hysteria is really making a mess of the economy and spring prep. I was planning on building a new 20 ft deck in the backyard and don't think that'll happen this year the way things are going either...
☹
Well construction doesn't seem to be affected by the shutdown or if you're doing it yourself Home Depot is still open. But I totally get if it's more "should I be making this purchase right now with so much uncertainty."

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well construction doesn't seem to be affected by the shutdown or if you're doing it yourself Home Depot is still open. But I totally get if it's more "should I be making this purchase right now with so much uncertainty."
Construction is definitely affected in our area - lots of companies have shut down due to staff refusing to work because our dummies in government said, "afraid of catching coronavirus" is a reason to stay home. It's like a Monty Python skit...

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Construction is definitely affected in our area - lots of companies have shut down due to staff refusing to work because our dummies in government said, "afraid of catching coronavirus" is a reason to stay home. It's like a Monty Python skit...
Ahhh damn, I didn't consider businesses "legally" being able to open but not having anyone willing to work. Tough times we're living in these days.