• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boats on order - staying with your plan?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, may I suggest we all get back to the topic, then? I'll admit lots of us have the grumpies. And disagree on the future. And all is forgiven.

So, if you had an order pending, would you go through with it? If not, how good a deal would it need to be? If so, what is your plan with social distancing orders and whatnot (whether you agree with them or not) in order to take delivery.

I only have a 2012, not nearly paid off yet, so I am not shopping. But if I were, I would be seeing how good a deal some desperate dealers could make...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On one hand I can see a dealer being persuaded to move more but on the other hand plants are shut down so demand and lot inventory talk $ if someone is wanting to get a boat today and not wait. Tough call and there are lots of people expressing the same dilemma on boat groups that have new boats in limbo. It’s even harder for people that custom order a boat how they want it. At some point the country has to start slowly turning on.

However if you ordered a boat and it’s sitting on their lot my dealer is still open as the service department got essential. Guess it depends on the state or governor seems as essential. They are still selling boats but only by appointment or people picking UL their orders boats. They’re just not doing human interaction to avoid getting sick or getting customers sick. They still have a business to try and ride out. Hopefully OP’s dealer can get them their boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, may I suggest we all get back to the topic, then? I'll admit lots of us have the grumpies. And disagree on the future. And all is forgiven.

So, if you had an order pending, would you go through with it? If not, how good a deal would it need to be? If so, what is your plan with social distancing orders and whatnot (whether you agree with them or not) in order to take delivery.

I only have a 2012, not nearly paid off yet, so I am not shopping. But if I were, I would be seeing how good a deal some desperate dealers could make...
I would think I would stay with the plan and buy.
Personally, I have never had a boat loan but I would most definitely get one now if available and if the rates are still reasonable (albeit I think those are going up very very quickly). With the amount of money being printed right now boats may not be depreciating assets for a while, lol. (I'm joking kind of , but in reality there is likely going to be some inflationary price increases in the fairly near future making today's prices seem low). I think.

--

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, and that is the direction I am heading. If you could find optimal rates (given the economy) and optimal prices (for something in stock--not a custom make), I think there is an opportunity for you to get into a boat beyond your class at this point. No?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, and that is the direction I am heading. If you could find optimal rates (given the economy) and optimal prices (for something in stock--not a custom make), I think there is an opportunity for you to get into a boat beyond your class at this point. No?
Yes. However, job security is a funny thing right now. Possibilities of getting furloughed abound regardless of type of work one does, needs to be considered as a part of the equation.

--

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True and serious fact. Not to discount that (for each individual, that will be a factor), but I was looking to 'all things being equal', that the boat side of the equation presents opportunities.

For some of us who are more at risk now, of course, a different result may occur. That makes complete sense to me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RW06GT Compatico??? lolol.

--

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't know exactly what the current boat loan rates are but I'm closing on our house next week at 2.625%! If one is taking out a loan....might be enough to make you pull the trigger assuming their job is secure.

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I stuck with my og plans to get into a new boat this year, and just agreed to a great deal on a 2020 212X. My impression is they were trying to offload inventory to weather the storm, were anticipating a much slower boating season, and so they we’re very willing to wheel and deal with me. Now just gotta wait for the dealer to actually open up so I can pick her up!