• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After the first flat on the bias ply, on my third or fourth 20 round mile trip (can't remember), I just replaced them on my own dime (thanks Discount Tire). I had already read other threads on this issue previous to what happened but I was still a bit surprised since I baby it while towing. Those tires just plain suck.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow $25 each. Not Bad!
I have had mine on CL for couple weeks at $10 each....but no interest. But as it turns out, I have good friend who is selling his 2011 sx240 w/ trailer and his tires are are looking dry rotted.....so I am giving him my used tires.
Lemme known if you still have these, I’ll buy them for more than $10 each if they have wheels. I’m local too. I was too dumb to buy @seanmclean ’s when he offered them to me.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lemme known if you still have these, I’ll buy them for more than $10 each if they have wheels. I’m local too. I was too dumb to buy @seanmclean ’s when he offered them to me.
I think all I have left is a spare tire on the wheel/rim. I am pretty sure this one came off my 2015 trailer before I got rid of it.
It is yours for $10 if you want it.

Are you looking for anything else boating related? I feel like I been collecting boating (some Yamaha specific) stuff over the years that just need to purge.

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think all I have left is a spare tire on the wheel/rim. I am pretty sure this one came off my 2015 trailer before I got rid of it.
It is yours for $10 if you want it.

Are you looking for anything else boating related? I feel like I been collecting boating (some Yamaha specific) stuff over the years that just need to purge.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind about the wheel.

The only thing I need right now is a speaker. My boat has Kicker speakers stock and one is blown. Do you have any speakers? It sure would be nice to find a cheap one before I go nuts on the sound system and use this as an excuse to rip and replace everything (and add a sub, and helm speakers, and swim platform speakers, and some tower speakers, and a tower...).

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

The only thing I need right now is a speaker. My boat has Kicker speakers stock and one is blown. Do you have any speakers? It sure would be nice to find a cheap one before I go nuts on the sound system and use this as an excuse to rip and replace everything (and add a sub, and helm speakers, and swim platform speakers, and some tower speakers, and a tower...).
No sorry.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I'll help you pick out a system. Might as well go nuts. :)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody tried swapping out tires recently? Or, is that good and done at this point? I should have called on mine when I got the boat, but didn’t.

evermeire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought a 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S on a 2015 Shorelandr trailer VIN # 1mdasav29fa558157 and I have broken fender brackets on both sides and it appears to have the original Carlise bias-ply tires. Two of the bolts that hold the diamond plating on the fender have also rattled loose. Zip ties to the rescue. This is certainly a dangerous situation and I am hoping that either Carlise (tires) or Shorelandr (trailer) will do the right thing. I will let you all know how it goes.

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S on a 2015 Shorelandr trailer VIN # 1mdasav29fa558157 and I have broken fender brackets on both sides and it appears to have the original Carlise bias-ply tires. Two of the bolts that hold the diamond plating on the fender have also rattled loose. Zip ties to the rescue. This is certainly a dangerous situation and I am hoping that either Carlise (tires) or Shorelandr (trailer) will do the right thing. I will let you all know how it goes.
I am sure Shorlandr will step up. But being almost 10 year old tires might be a stretch from Carlisle but who knows. Its definitely worth the time to call them both

evermeire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am sure Shorlandr will step up. But being almost 10 year old tires might be a stretch from Carlisle but who knows. Its definitely worth the time to call them both
Quick update. A shorelandr dealer in Utah helped me with the brackets and I am told new fenders brackets are on their way to my house, free of charge. As for CarlStarGroup, I have heard nothing regarding the “warranty” claim. But with 10 year old tires, I wouldn’t expect anything and like someone said, just be glad you got 10-years out of bias-ply trailer tires.

In the meantime, I scored a sweet deal on barely used aluminum wheels with trailmaster radial tires for all five tires!! They look pretty cool.

Attachments