• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think we figured out that the trailer had to be less than a year old in order to get the mounted wheels. Not sure why they wouldn't have sent a spare, though.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was well within a year old and i got only 5 unmounted tires

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Mine was well within a year old and i got only 5 unmounted tires
Yep, same. I think they are just pulling back on how far they are accommodating these claims. I just sent a follow up email to Rhonda to the first email that is asking what the reimbursement procedure is for the mounting and balancing service I now have to pay. First email there was no reply.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, same. I think they are just pulling back on how far they are accommodating these claims. I just sent a follow up email to Rhonda to the first email that is asking what the reimbursement procedure is for the mounting and balancing service I now have to pay. First email there was no reply.
Mine is also under a year old. I agree with @ttzz that they mst be dropping the hammer on the claims. This has got to add up fo them.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They just told me to call ShoreLandr and they will not do anything anymore.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kinda figured that well was going to go dry soon

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Was getting worried reading all the recent posts about different outcomes on the tire claims. Anyway came home today to 5 new radials mounted and balanced on shiney new galavanized wheels...woohoo! I contacted Rhonda a couple weeks ago and whala! Now where's that Staples button [click] "that was easy."

So glad I found this forum and info about the tires. Was bummed when I took delivery this Spring on my 2018 AR240 and saw it had the bias-ply tires. I gave it a couple months then put in a claim for full replacement on all 5 and thats what they sent. Great company!

20180620_184734.jpg

Last edited:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok thanks - i just received mine and will send Carlisle the installation bill to see if they will reimburse me. When I asked Robyn to send them balanced on rims she said they’d reimburse the installation. I’ll let you know how that goes!
@newbote Did you get reimbursed for installation? I've had 2 emails ignored so far with that request. Maybe I need to try calling.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@newbote Did you get reimbursed for installation? I've had 2 emails ignored so far with that request. Maybe I need to try calling.
You might try calling. I called and immediately got connected to Rhonda. And as you can see she hooked me up with the full 5-star treatment. I mentioned the whole thing about getting the tires swapped and what a pain it would be plus the cost I would incur. So I requested the tires be mounted on galvanized wheels so I could do it myself. We discussed it on the phone and I also put it an email. Didn't do much else besides that and mine arrived about 10 days later.

Good luck

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, not yet but haven’t had them installed yet either. The trailer has been at the dealer waiting to get the new brackets/fenders put on for the past month. I was just informed it was done so the plan is to run over today and grab the trailer. I will go straight to discount tire to get them installed and then send in the receipt to see what they will do.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well this is what I get for procrastinating! I saw this when I first got my boat and put it under the "handle that later" list in my head. Now, after years, they suddenly are going to stop making this mistake right? Either way, I emailed Rhonda the details. We'll see how this goes.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well her response was quick, just not what I wanted to hear:

"The best way to correct the issue that you are having with the trailer is to get in contract with Shorelander.
We are not responsible to putting the tires on the unit we only sell to them.
We having been changing the tire out but we have come to the conclusion it is not our fault."

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well her response was quick, just not what I wanted to hear:

"The best way to correct the issue that you are having with the trailer is to get in contract with Shorelander.
We are not responsible to putting the tires on the unit we only sell to them.
We having been changing the tire out but we have come to the conclusion it is not our fault."
Dang. Guess I missed out too!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's hard to believe that Carlisle let this go on for so long.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a quick little blurb about my trailer, cracked brackets, and my bias ply tires.

My brackets started showing signs of stress in 2016. By the beginning of 2017 the left was fully separated and the right was 75% failed. I had a harmonic shake of the fenders at 70mph but not at 65. A shake at 35mph and again at 70 is usually a tire out of balance.

I received the new fender kit this spring. I went to install before a trip to Florida but couldn’t get the bolt out of the toggle. Hmmm. What to do. I decided I would leave my original fenders installed but remove the center bracket. I also removed the plate inside of the fenders that the bracket was installed to. Wow, that plate is pretty heavy.

Now for the test ride. With my old lightened fenders, I pulled at any speed with absolutely no fender shake. None. And at any speed (tested to 80mph). All with the original bias ply tires with probably 7000 miles on them at this point.

I have large fender washers securing the fender skins to the fore and aft brackets as my only attachment. I did my pull to Florida and back to Pittsburgh with absolutely no issues and no fenders flopping (2000 miles round trip) and most importantly no Center bracket to break loose and destroy a tire.

What it seems is that there is just too much weight in the tops of the fenders and any imbalance of a tire is amplified tremendously through that weight and minimal attachment of the lightweight bracket and fender.

Shor’lander stepped up and sent updated brackets and fenders but there’s a workaround for those folks unable to get new brackets and fenders. I am in agreement that shor’lander should have put radials on these trailers but in disagreement that it’s Carlisle’s issue. I’ve gotten plenty of mileage out of my bias plys and I wouldn’t stress too much about continuing to run them. Air them up to 50psi cold and check them at every stop with a laser temp gun, both the tire sidewalk and the hub. Hubs shouldn’t go over 140. Mine usually run on a long trip about 110 max and should be + - maybe 5 or 10 degrees within each other in temperature. My temps run really close to each other.

-Mark

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have never recieved a response from Carlisle on my tire issue. I did get the new fenders and they are way stronger built than the originals. I tried to email Rhonda to see if she will respond. This fight has been over two years now. It took a year just to get the fenders. It may be hard to tell in the picture but the tires are severely cupped with less than 5K miles on them. At the end of the season I am just going to put some good Duro's on it. Trailer still bounces and fenders still shake only not as bad. Spare tire mount shakes so bad it will be the next thing to break.
upload_2018-7-28_12-42-35.jpeg

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Carlstar just sent me 5 new bias ply tires exactly like the ones that are on it. WTF? I guess they need to get rid of a bunch of these tires. I will put a call in tomorrow to see if these are a new and improved version.

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry, I have not read all 21 pages of this post.... is there a summary of what trailers/years are affected? I have a 2018 242E and am wondering....

Here's what's on my boat

IMG_9484.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Carlstar just sent me 5 new bias ply tires exactly like the ones that are on it. WTF? I guess they need to get rid of a bunch of these tires. I will put a call in tomorrow to see if these are a new and improved version.
Thats not the first time that has happened

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, I have not read all 21 pages of this post.... is there a summary of what trailers/years are affected? I have a 2018 242E and am wondering....

Here's what's on my boat

View attachment 81428
Looks like you have new/improved fender brackets (good)
and bias ply tires (not so good)

Do your fenders visibly shake at highway speeds?

--