• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gee, someone at Carlisle/Shoreland'r must not be doing their job. Its hard to believe that Carlisle is still eatin' this cost since 2015. At some point either Shoreland'r has to change the spec on the tire, or Carlisle has to make bias-ply tires that are round. Although Carlisle has gone above and beyond to keep their customers happy, it's hard to believe that this has gone on for so long.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gee, someone at Carlisle/Shoreland'r must not be doing their job. Its hard to believe that Carlisle is still eatin' this cost since 2015. At some point either Shoreland'r has to change the spec on the tire, or Carlisle has to make bias-ply tires that are round. Although Carlisle has gone above and beyond to keep their customers happy, it's hard to believe that this has gone on for so long.
Agree, I have a 2016 and got my tires 2 weeks ago.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just got this reply from Robyn Fleming

Thank you for contacting me. I am no longer with The Carlstar Group. If you have any questions please send your request to support@carlstargroup.com or contact customer service at 1.800.827.1001. We are open M-F 8am-7pm EST.

Thank you

Now what? Guess I contact support@carlstargroup.com? - Not feeling optimistic about that. Any better ideas?

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Uh oh. Sounds like Carlisle tires finally figured out how many tires Robyn was giving away.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found this out today as well that she is no longer there - I kept waiting for my tires from my claim in April and never heard back. I called today and talked to Rhonda.Landy@carlstargroup.com. She had me forward all the info I had sent Robyn which I did. She responded that she will process my claim - hopefully I will still get my new radials!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just call the number, there's only a couple people working there. Rhonda helped me at some point in the process too.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have new radial tires on the way from Carlisle. Called them last week about trailer vibrations on my '18 242X. Thanks for the great info everyone! You guys ROCK!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another thing I have to check..... bought a 2018 242 SE and have no idea what kind of tires are on it.

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rhonda is very good to work with. I have a 2017 Ar240, I filed my claim in April for 5 tires. A week later I received 4 of them but the shipping label said 5 had been shipped. So I waited a few more days and still no tire, so I called them and they said it looked like the tire was lost somewhere in Atlanta ( I live in Ohio) so we will send another one out to you. I finally got my fifth tire the middle of May. Great I’m all set, well a week ago the lost tire final showed up ( it was sent out on April 11 and arrived may 28) So I called Rhonda to tell her and see if she wanted to give me a return label to send it back ( just trying to be honest) and she said no just keep it for the hassle! That is six new tires that didn’t cost me anything. And my trailer pulls so much better!! I have to start at the top and blame Yamaha for allowing shorelander to put cheap tires on to begin with, but Carlisle definitely is taking the hit for it!

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By the way I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the help and information they share. I would have probably just bought new tires myself if it hadn’t been for great people sharing their own experiences, not only with this post but so many other great ideas and helpful tips. Thanks everyone!!

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rhonda is very good to work with. I have a 2017 Ar240, I filed my claim in April for 5 tires. A week later I received 4 of them but the shipping label said 5 had been shipped. So I waited a few more days and still no tire, so I called them and they said it looked like the tire was lost somewhere in Atlanta ( I live in Ohio) so we will send another one out to you. I finally got my fifth tire the middle of May. Great I’m all set, well a week ago the lost tire final showed up ( it was sent out on April 11 and arrived may 28) So I called Rhonda to tell her and see if she wanted to give me a return label to send it back ( just trying to be honest) and she said no just keep it for the hassle! That is six new tires that didn’t cost me anything. And my trailer pulls so much better!! I have to start at the top and blame Yamaha for allowing shorelander to put cheap tires on to begin with, but Carlisle definitely is taking the hit for it!
Did they reimburse the installation costs?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I still can't understand why Carlisle is the one fixing this, and not Shoreland'r. Maybe Carlisle bills Shoreland'r for it, and they just don't care.

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No and I didn’t ask I was just thankful I got 5 new tires( actually 6) plus i didn’t have to send the old ones back. If your old ones are any good the tire store might trade you out for installation cost. We kept the old ones to put on a wagon.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No and I didn’t ask I was just thankful I got 5 new tires( actually 6) plus i didn’t have to send the old ones back. If your old ones are any good the tire store might trade you out for installation cost. We kept the old ones to put on a wagon.
Ok thanks - i just received mine and will send Carlisle the installation bill to see if they will reimburse me. When I asked Robyn to send them balanced on rims she said they’d reimburse the installation. I’ll let you know how that goes!

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome thanks

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Emailed Rhonda.Landy@carlstargroup.com yesterday morning about tire replacement and got an email back from her this morning saying the tires have been ordered and I should receive them in 7-10 days. This forum and its members are the best!
So my 5 tires arrived today, although tires only - no rims. So I will now have to tow down to a tire shop and have them all swapped, balanced and reinstalled. I sent another email into Rhonda this afternoon asking what the process is to be reimbursed for this service I now have to take care of. We'll see what the reply is.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
E3F9E337-BCB3-44D2-A5B0-2EFE2299032C.jpeg I received 4 Carlisle radials yesterday. I had asked for 5 replacements balanced and mounted. I was told they would not cover the spare. No dice on the premounted tires either.
I wonder if Carlisle is finally cracking down on the replacements or if I dealt with the wrong person.
I’m still glad I was able to get 4 radial replacments!