• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sbrown, you should call shorelandr and ask them if your trailer has the redesigned fender brackets. If you have the new brackets, then consider replacing the fender nuts with nyloc ones.
I do have the new brackets. I used serrated lock washers last time I put fender bolts in, but I think I'll take your suggestion and use nylock nuts this time. That or I'll tig the nuts fast. Lol

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, 5 new mounted radials arrived today... only they are painted and not galvanized. We'll see how round 2 goes.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, 5 new mounted radials arrived today... only they are painted and not galvanized. We'll see how round 2 goes.
Wow you got mounted tires, thats a bonus

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And 5 Galvanized Wheels/Tires on the way. Robyn's fantastic over there.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder why some of us got Just Tires and some of us got wheels and tires

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know, right? I'm not complaining but I only got 4 radial tires.

Hey, not everyone deserves to get "@MrMoose treatment" from Shorland'r (what I tell myself).

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just asked for them. When they called to confirm, I said "I was wondering if it would be possible to have these delivered already mounted and balanced on new wheels, as it would save me quite a bit of trouble in having to haul the trailer somewhere to get it done."

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just asked for them. When they called to confirm, I said "I was wondering if it would be possible to have these delivered already mounted and balanced on new wheels, as it would save me quite a bit of trouble in having to haul the trailer somewhere to get it done."
Makes sense because they asked me if i have a way to mount and ballance. I said i work at a dealer so it was easy for me

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your within one year, their warranty covers mounting - easier for them to ship on new rims. If your between 1-2 years their warranty only covers the tires unless you show evidence of rim damage.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know, right? I'm not complaining but I only got 4 radial tires.

Hey, not everyone deserves to get "@MrMoose treatment" from Shorland'r (what I tell myself).

--
I guess that you get more when you are the first one to the feeding trough :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess that you get more when you are the first one to the feeding trough :)
Nah. It must have been your endearing personality.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New ones finally came in, little shinier than my old ones, for now! Off with the old!

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to know exactly what to say and who to talk to. I called them today and the lady said too bad that’s not a warranty issue!!!

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well at least she placed the correct order
View attachment 69257
See the above post about Robyn at Carlstar. She has helped many on this thread on the tires.

The tire warranty is 24 months from purchase, so if you're past that they will not warranty the tires.

Call Shoreland'r separately and talk to Ed or Gary about the fenders and brackets. They seem flexible on coverage.

They both wanted pictures of the damage, and Carlstar in particular wanted the bill of sale and date of purchase. Shoreland'r seemed to just want a picture of damage and the trailer data sticker

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didnt have to show Shorlandr or Carlisle any pics of damage. Just the vin plate and proof of purchase.
My original fenders were and still are perfect

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I need to know exactly what to say and who to talk to. I called them today and the lady said too bad that’s not a warranty issue!!!
My tires just shipped today, a month shy of the 24 month warranty. I spoke to Brenda in CC.

My fenders should be here any day now. I spoke to Gary

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is exactly what I sent them:

Good Afternoon Robyn,

I purchased a boat last fall (2017 Yamaha 242) and have noticed that my trailer is vibrating quite a lot. Initially thought maybe it was the vehicle I was towing with, but have changed vehicles last month and the vibration is persisting. I was doing some research on this, and have found that some of the recent Shorelander trailers have come with bias-ply tires when they were spec'd for radials and that replacements have been provided to customers, which also led me to your contact information :)

I have attached my sales order showing the trailer purchase, as well as photos of the trailer sticker and tires equipped. I would like to request replacement of all five tires with the proper radial tire to ensure that I do not have any issues once the season really starts and I'm towing 2-3x a week. If there's any possibility in the replacements arriving premounted/balanced, would be even better. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information/photos/etc.

<Name/Address>
Here's who you should contact, she's great:
Robyn Fleming

Customer Care Analyst

Phone: 800-260-7959 x4414

Fax: 800-352-0075

Email: Robyn.Fleming@carlstargroup.com

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting my 2018 AR240 new from the dealer this week and yes the trailer has bias ply carlisles. Wonder if I should just start the warranty claim now. Seems like its inevitably gonna be a problem after reading thru the last 19 pages of this thread.

So when you guys call Carlstar what exactly is it that you say to them?

Thanks

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @Chester just follow the post above yours. You'll need photos of the tires and trailer stickers, so you may want to wait until after delivery. Since yours is new, you should have no problem getting mounted tires sent to you. I sold my old bias plies for $150.