• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand new Hull with bubbles, paint problem ???

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My dealer is taking my boat in the day after thanksgiving for repair in their fiberglass shop. Yamaha has agreed to cover all expenses. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hello, wondering if anyone has had any news on the hull repairs? Mine has been on hold since early fall.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey All,

Got great news last week, I got a call from my dealer that Yamaha has found a solution and a new way of repair...

They already pick-up my boat to empty all fluid before repair. They will soon bring my boat to the repair shop.

it will take at least 1 month to get it back. I have my fingers crossed that it will not come back.

I'm glad they found a way and get it repaired in the off-season

PJFan1977

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Heard from my dealer also that Yamaha will be fixing the problem under warranty. Going to take some time and my boat is in storage for the winter but I'm glad Yamaha is making this right!

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My boat is at the repair shop. They told me that it will be there at least a month

YamahaVictorr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Mine has been in the shop since October. I just called for an update and they informed me they have been told my Yamaha to put a hold on repairing. Yamaha has stated that after the repair, a handful of boats have come back with the same issue. He informed me that they are waiting for Yamaha to provide them with an updated procedure.................. Not good

cwax208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Mine has been in the shop since October. I just called for an update and they informed me they have been told my Yamaha to put a hold on repairing. Yamaha has stated that after the repair, a handful of boats have come back with the same issue. He informed me that they are waiting for Yamaha to provide them with an updated procedure.................. Not good
Were they sanding down the chines or doing the entire hull on yours?

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I saw my dealer at the boat show and my boat is still at the dealer because the repair shop is full and they don't want my boat to be outside ... saw the Yamaha rep at the show as well and the Target is to get my boat in april.

i'm ok with that as long that i have it for the boat season

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Any update on yours?
My boat was stripped and ready at the body shop ready to be repaired in early Jan, then Yamaha asked dealer to pull it back before any work had started. Apparently Yamaha wanted to send all boats to one bodyshop in the region. It was supposed to go out to this one bodyshop a week or two back, and was put on hold by Yamaha again. Mine plus other boats at my dealer are on hold. Very disappointed by Yamaha on this.

Last edited:

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Update to my situation. My dealer had been given approval to repair my boat 04/23. I decided to hold off until the fall since our season is short enough up here in the northeast. Reached out to the dealer this morning to let him know I am done boating for the season and can bring the boat up to him in the next week or two. This was the response I got:

Korey,

As you know, we had another boat here with exactly the same issues yours does. The description we were given from Yamaha on what was required to resolve the situation proved to be grossly inadequate....dare I say highly inaccurate. We did the work... the results are excellent... BUT, the labor investment required to execute what the vessel actually needed to resolve things was, to say the least, several times what we had been advised. Areas where we were told the bonding agent was confined to were completely incorrect. The bottom features which we were told were not affected and could be ignored were also incorrect. The further the FG techs went, the lower the accuracy of what Yamaha had coached us on went.

As of this writing the warranty claim we submitted to Yamaha for this vessel on March 8, 2023 has not been responded to. Follow up has been ignored. Once we learned what we now know about what this service really requires, and that Yamaha was not forthcoming with the support we had been led to believe we could count on, Irwin ownership became more deeply involved, including making it perfectly clear that NO repair to ANY other vessels with this issue would be performed by this dealership, period. Instead, Irwin approached Yamaha and requested that vessels requiring these repairs be sent back to the factory for resolution. The response? ... "Yamaha doesn't take boats back".

At this point I have been asked to stand down on this. The best course for you to take is to contact our Asst. GM, Tim McClare (included on this message) for additional guidance. He can help answer the numerous questions I'm betting you have. I would ask you to resist calling Yamaha directly until after you have spoken with Tim.

I wish I could offer you more assistance but I've done all that I can up to this point.

Looks like I'm going to have to deal with Yamaha directly on this one. What a shame, I've been a Yamaha fan for years. Numerous motorcycles and boats, never wanted to buy another brand. Now I may never buy another Yamaha product again.
I am very surprised that there is not a known class action suit... yet.
Did you have the repairs done? And if you have, how have they held up? Do you wet slip? Thanks

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hey All,

Got great news last week, I got a call from my dealer that Yamaha has found a solution and a new way of repair...

They already pick-up my boat to empty all fluid before repair. They will soon bring my boat to the repair shop.

it will take at least 1 month to get it back. I have my fingers crossed that it will not come back.

I'm glad they found a way and get it repaired in the off-season
How has the repair gone?