• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Brought our baby home yesterday

Very nice boat! Hopefully its not full of snow today.

Well done, enjoy :)

Congratulations!!......don't put away that check book just yet.....lol

Welcome to the community! Congratulations on the new toy!

Congrats. Love the color.

Congratulations! You will have a blast.

Now, about that mod list... ;)

Congrats! Nice boat! You're going to have a blast this summer.

On a side note, do you find your solar panels on your house roof to be cost effective? Nice boat. Looks like they did a different fender configuration on the new trailers.

@Boat Crazy I just had the solar panels installed last fall. So far they are producing as much power as predicted by the modeling software. It would depend on what rebates your utility/state offer. My local utility offered up to $10,000. The federal tax rebate on my system was $9,600. Together they covered half the cost of the system. I took a home equity loan for the rest. I have no money out of pocket for the system. It should generate 11,000kWh per year (my house only uses 7.5kWh). Currently my electric cost is $0.10/kWh. That means the panels will produce $1,100 and my loan will cost me $1,296. So first year I'm going backwards $196. But assuming electric prices go up to $0.12, then I will be in the black. On the plus side the panels add more value to my home that my loan amount. If I have to move I should still come out ahead.

Man! I love that blue they have now. Looks great.

@Boat Crazy I just had the solar panels installed last fall. So far they are producing as much power as predicted by the modeling software. It would depend on what rebates your utility/state offer. My local utility offered up to $10,000. The federal tax rebate on my system was $9,600. Together they covered half the cost of the system. I took a home equity loan for the rest. I have no money out of pocket for the system. It should generate 11,000kWh per year (my house only uses 7.5kWh). Currently my electric cost is $0.10/kWh. That means the panels will produce $1,100 and my loan will cost me $1,296. So first year I'm going backwards $196. But assuming electric prices go up to $0.12, then I will be in the black. On the plus side the panels add more value to my home that my loan amount. If I have to move I should still come out ahead.
Since I'm in your neighborhood maybe I should get this done too. Who did you use for the installer?

I used Solar Connection. Tell them I sent you and I'll get a free dinner for the referral. They will come and check your location. A rooftop with good southern exposure is best. And not too many trees that can shade that side of the roof. RPU has a limited amount of rebate money so the earlier you sign up the better. Also consider how old your shingles are. I just have mine replaced 2 years ago. If they are more than 10 yo you may consider replacing them before installing the panels.
http://www.solarconnectioninc.com/

Welcome to the club!

I presume that you store electricity in batteries? How big of a bank is it? Pics? We LOOOVE pics!

I used Solar Connection. Tell them I sent you and I'll get a free dinner for the referral. They will come and check your location. A rooftop with good southern exposure is best. And not too many trees that can shade that side of the roof. RPU has a limited amount of rebate money so the earlier you sign up the better. Also consider how old your shingles are. I just have mine replaced 2 years ago. If they are more than 10 yo you may consider replacing them before installing the panels.
http://www.solarconnectioninc.com/
House is 10 years old and shingles show their appropriate age. My roof faces east west. I'll call them up, give them your name and see if they can do an estimate.

Here is the full array. No batteries. In Minnesota we have NetMetering. The utility buys whatever extra I produce at the same rate I would pay them for power. Meter runs backwards on a sunny day. Runs forward like everyone else at night or cloudy day.

IMG_1717.JPG

Back