• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can a 230 wake SURF

david lazelle

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
NA
HEY YALL. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SURFING WEDGES MADE THAT WILL STICK TO THE SIDE OF A 2008 WAKE 230 CHALLENGER??? ive heard that's its damn near impossible to surf behind a jetboat. But I don't want to believe them. the side of the 230 sea doo is full of curves and I cant find a surfing wedge or wave shaper that will suction cup to the side of it. if anybody knows of anything or has ever surfed behind jetboat, please respond. thank you

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those delayed conversion devices do not work on jet boats.
The jet boat Wedge is a Gatlin product, available for Yamaha, different concept.
@jcyamaharider here is the founder. (Or Co- founder).

04PacMan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yes, you can surf. We just started in the fall had 4 different people up and all able to drop the rope. We had a group of young adults. No ballast either. Not the greatest video but you get the idea..

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small people with big board, or big people with even bigger board should be able to surf behind anything (without an exposed prop of course). Before we got ballast and wedge we surfed with a big/giant plastic surf board that a friend had. He surfed behind a seadoo with it. My daughters could surf a ripple in the water. Me...not so much.

Sluhrs

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
HEY YALL. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SURFING WEDGES MADE THAT WILL STICK TO THE SIDE OF A 2008 WAKE 230 CHALLENGER??? ive heard that's its damn near impossible to surf behind a jetboat. But I don't want to believe them. the side of the 230 sea doo is full of curves and I cant find a surfing wedge or wave shaper that will suction cup to the side of it. if anybody knows of anything or has ever surfed behind jetboat, please respond. thank you
Any success stories to share?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yes, you can surf. We just started in the fall had 4 different people up and all able to drop the rope. We had a group of young adults. No ballast either. Not the greatest video but you get the idea..
Best video I’ve seen EVER! THAT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE KIDS CHEERING (and journey in the background)!

I was wondering the same thing (can some kids have fun behind a jet surfing).....I’ve been boat-less for 20 years but now our kids are grown and we have more time to do the water stuff again (and hope to have some grandkids to boat with in the next few years).

Thanks for posting!

Sluhrs

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Best video I’ve seen EVER! THAT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE KIDS CHEERING (and journey in the background)!

I was wondering the same thing (can some kids have fun behind a jet surfing).....I’ve been boat-less for 20 years but now our kids are grown and we have more time to do the water stuff again (and hope to have some grandkids to boat with in the next few years).

Thanks for posting!
How’d did you do it? we have a sea doo as well.

04PacMan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How’d did you do it? we have a sea doo as well.
we loaded up back of the boat, found a speed that got enough of wave with how the boat was loaded etc. once had that got them out etc. helps if you can have someone manage the rope to pull them in if newer surfers etc. . We’ve even been out with just a few and had my niece up surfing with a smaller board. Watch some YouTube’s of how to start out and if you can find a driver that knows how to pull a surfer that’ll help. I’ll humble myself and say when I started a 17 year old coached this over 40 seasoned boater how to pull a surfer out of the water. As well he coached from the back of the boat to help them get up. It’s definitely a feel but once youve done a few it’ll click. As far as equip we didn’t have ballast only people and fill tank of gas. Rope is a surf rope handle attached to the tower, helps pop them up. Boards we use are a hyper light landlocked and an O’Brien 48.

04PacMan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Thanks for posting!
Thanks man. This was our youth leaders from the church. Their price to ride was listening to Journey’s greatest.