• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can I trailer into this driveway?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am preparing for a new boat that will be a 21' series. I used to back into my driveway with my Yamaha LS2000 trailer/boat which was a 20' boat. I am not sure of the trailer total length differences since I don't have either but I do know that the new 21 will be double axle vs. the prior single axle.

I wanted to get some ideas on whether I "should" be able to back the 21' into my driveway. I have attached some pics. The driveway is 11' wide and the street that intersects with my driveway is ~25' wide. What do you think?

If this type of tight turn in this space will be possible, I might have to move the mailbox to the other side where our lamp post is and that will let me ride up on the curb a bit and I could put a ramp in front of the curb potentially.

Any advice after looking at this; First picture is the driveway and the 2nd pic shows the driveway from across the street

Image-10.jpgImage-11.jpg

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, with practice you can.

I’m on a dead end street, I almost make a full u turn in reverse to back my trailer in. Street is not as wide as yours either. I have the 19ft but i feel I could do it with the 24 footer.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup yup practice makes perfect, my street and boat driveway is a lot more narrow then urs and I have a telephone pole right at my hedges lol. I have a LS2000 and a AR240 I need to reverse in, just practice u’ll Get it down in no time. Congrats on the new boat.🤙🏽

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am preparing for a new boat that will be a 21' series. I used to back into my driveway with my Yamaha LS2000 trailer/boat which was a 20' boat. I am not sure of the trailer total length differences since I don't have either but I do know that the new 21 will be double axle vs. the prior single axle.

I wanted to get some ideas on whether I "should" be able to back the 21' into my driveway. I have attached some pics. The driveway is 11' wide and the street that intersects with my driveway is ~25' wide. What do you think?

If this type of tight turn in this space will be possible, I might have to move the mailbox to the other side where our lamp post is and that will let me ride up on the curb a bit and I could put a ramp in front of the curb potentially.

Any advice after looking at this; First picture is the driveway and the 2nd pic shows the driveway from across the street

View attachment 101144View attachment 101145
You may want to invest in a power dolly. Then it'll be super easy to maneuver it anywhere you want.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll post a pic shortly, but you shouldn't have a problem with it, other than needing to get some practice doing it a few times. I have a 2019 21' and do exactly what you're looking to do.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't even bother with a ramp, but if you're worried about the landscaping, make a little bed with decorative stone right there.

In my pic, the road you're looking at is 14'10". The neighbor's flower bed stops MAYBE a foot short of the road on the left of the pic, and if I go farther than 3-4' into the grass, I'm literally IN the ditch, so total, I have 20' max to do exactly what you're looking to do.

You can do it!

Attachments

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
What do you tow with?

I’m sure with practice you won’t even need to move the mailbox!!!

The road at our old house is ~30’ wide, and I could back our 35’8” oal camper into the single wide drive with our ‘13 2500HD CCSB.

The KEY is setting yourself up correctly!!!

Go buy some orange cones and practice if needed in an empty parking lot.

I would suggest crossing the street and driving into oncoming traffic (once clear and put hazards on!!!), being close to the curb (1-2’).

As the rear of the tv is passing the driveway (maybe about the middle) turn to the right so the tv is at about a 45* angle.

Straighten it out and as you get near the other curb, turn back to the left. This sets your truck up close to perpendicular to the driveway, but the trailer is at an angle that should be easy to back it in into the drive!!!

It is always easier to back in on the drivers side vs the blind side when/if possible.

Hopefully the pics and description make sense!!! The first pic is an approximate diagram of the path your tv will take. The second pic shows roughly what the tv and trailer will look like when you’re ready to back into the driveway.

You’ve got this!!! Just may need a little practice!!! For what it’s worth, I used to back our ~25’ and 31’ campers into the old driveway without needing to pull the truck forward, including from the blind side. With our ~36’ rig I would have to pull forward one time to get the rig in the driveway.

And if possible use a spotter!!!

575F926B-AA2A-4480-8D0A-1C9FADAEAB90.jpeg
9428C717-C0CD-4518-9EB0-D187A4B37E7E.jpeg

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, with practice you can.

I’m on a dead end street, I almost make a full u turn in reverse to back my trailer in. Street is not as wide as yours either. I have the 19ft but i feel I could do it with the 24 footer.
Agreed, I am in a similar situation to the OP and turn around at my cul de sac. My mailbox is on the same side and I have a ditch on both sides too. I back in from the right in the picture after passing my driveway. I mention every time that I’d like to slap whoever put the mailbox there but never think about moving it until I have the boat hooked up. In my case it’s an issue leaving and coming back with the mailbox in the way. I have to use part of my neighbor across the street’s grass. Sorry Tony! 😂

It’s definitely possible, just go slow and start again if you’re too close.

F9A60C53-A0F2-49EB-B9C1-74B58CF939A6.jpeg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sure you can. My boat used to be between the garage and the tree.
Did I also mention that the alley is 10 feet wide .....

If you need more evidence you can search on YouTube “boat 13 backyard moving”

Attachments

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't see why you couldn't back in with a little practice. You could start by having somebody outside with a cell phone while you're backing in with your cell on speakerphone so you can hear any warning.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length