• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can't Fit in Garage

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like everyone stores their boat inside. My garages are single door so it won't fit. Is their any thing wrong with storing it outside with the mooring cover and wrapped in the winter? Doesn't wrapping cause some sort of damage to the gel coat or cause a moldy environment?

Yes this will be my first boat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I kept mine like that from December to june. No mold or anything. On average I will uncover to check every other week.

Make sure to check when it rains, sometimes the cover will sagg and water will sip through.

If you have time spend aome time searching and looking through the FAQ. There is a lot of info.

Have you actually tried to push in the garage ? Somebody said that wmthey were able to fit it will 0.5 inches to spare on each side....

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Lots of folks also store outside, what part of the county are you going to be storing it in - winter storage at a rental facility might also be a option.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Contact the local airplane club looking for hanger space. I have a friend that rents a hanger at the local airfield. He's building a custom plane that isn't as big as the hanger. I'll be storing inside at his hanger this winter (along with his '60's Nova). Made me a helluva deal at $50/mo for the 4mo or so I'll need to store it.

I "could" leave it in our garage, but then I would have to scrape windows. I'm lazy though :D

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I store outside in the Sade of my house. But it depends on your location whether or not mold will be an issue.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What is the width of your garage doors?
I've got that issues too stupid doors small. Brought the mooring cover works perfect. But I might buy a shelter to put it in as the amount of rain has me annoyed and I'm sure the cover will last longer out of the sun.