• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carb Pop Off Pressure

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’ve been using Klotz skicraft...had looked at Klotz super techniplate which is already 20% benol. But Klotz says both Benol and the super techniplate are for pre mix only.

Same with 927... maxima says pre mix only

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ready to go back in the boat
E8F0435C-E247-4A33-A0DB-2B117F3A457B.jpeg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those look clean. What did you use to clean them up?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Chrismer32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@the MfM - I just went through my emails back when I sent my carbs out. I asked for the settings and I was told they used:
1.2mm seat with 95 gram spring

Pop off wasn't tested since I was told they were all new OEM parts. I didn't push them on this since they are the experts

"They did recommend adding some castor base lube to the oil package...injection or premix
Castor oil protects the engine and carb internals like nothing else. it is expensive,, but you only need to use 1/4 of it in place of your regular oil. Maxima 927 or Klotz Benol"
How did the boat run with those settings? The gold spring with the 1.2 set. I'm about to rebuild my carbs and I want to set then up as close to stock as possible.