• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

clean out plug top soft rubber seals only

rtucker11

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I rebuilt the bottom of my cleanout plugs, that went well. My soft rubber seals around the handle to engage as well as release are dry rotted and gone.
Do they add any real value? My guess is they exist mostly to keep debris out of the insides and springs.
Is it possible to buy just the rubber seals?

Thanks!

I rebuilt the bottom of my cleanout plugs, that went well. My soft rubber seals around the handle to engage as well as release are dry rotted and gone.
Do they add any real value? My guess is they exist mostly to keep debris out of the insides and springs.
Is it possible to buy just the rubber seals?

Thanks!

@Julian was the last person I read on here to rebuild his plugs, and he didn't have any luck finding just the seals, if I remember correctly. He had to purchase what's called a Rebuild Kit, which will include the seal.

When you get the new one, before you install it, give this a try to help extend the life of the new one:

You Cannot get those anywhere that I know of and the sand etc usually manages to works it's way to the inside of the plug and causes blow outs because the plugs always get water in them from several places.
and
dirt is the enemy so add my EZ locks to the plugs to prevent blow outs. Inexpensive time tested and proven to help insure that the plug does not come loose or blow out.

Jeff,
Thanks so much for your response and the confirmation.
I ordered a set of the EZ locks and they should be delivered to me Friday!

I used the "Standard" rebuild kit. https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-MANHOLE-COVER-REPAIR-F0R-67609-09-00/dp/B00817Y2DU . This has the main lower seal, i'm looking for the 2 top rubber seals around the release button and plunger.

I was on my phone, and didn't notice you had an older boat. The forum software doesn't show the info below your screen name unless you turn your phone sideways, which seems an odd way to read the forums.

My response was based on thinking you had the newer style of plug, and as such, wasn't useful to your situation. Glad @Cobra Jet Steering LLC saw this and chimed in, he's got great knowledge about these plugs.

I was on my phone, and didn't notice you had an older boat. The forum software doesn't show the info below your screen name unless you turn your phone sideways, which seems an odd way to read the forums.

My response was based on thinking you had the newer style of plug, and as such, wasn't useful to your situation. Glad @Cobra Jet Steering LLC saw this and chimed in, he's got great knowledge about these plugs.
I appreciate your response, thanks for taking the time!

Back