• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out tray lid

Kofficer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Might be a little hard to tell from this photo, however, the clean out tray lid seems to “v” down towards a low point in front of the inspection lid. This is on a 2020 212x. Seems like the low point should be in back by the drain. Water tends to set in this area until you go forward. Is this normal or is my lid possibly warped,etc?A5346F74-D9C6-4EAE-B87B-A65B20FAAA09.jpeg

It is mainly when in the water and actually does not hurt anything especially after I sealed the tray but obviously a place for water to come into bilge if not sealed. The more I look at it , appears to be a low spot to funnel into the grove around the inspection lid.9226955E-4E98-4466-8F26-BC4A0BE7E118.jpeg

It looks like the whole transom area is funneled towards the middle from the picture which is I'm assuming was made this way. Once you get going and get the bow up water will go to the drain. I don't see anything to worry about, It's a wet area no matter what you do anyways.

Mine's the same. That's the way they designed it. Notice the molding around the inspection hatch, it's clear they intended it to be this way. No idea why, and it seems to serve no purpose other than to make it more difficult to seal from the factory. I think they may have been trying ideas over multiple years to keep water draining, or out of the bilge, and not doing a terribly good job.

IMG_20211001_123812243(1).jpg

original_a8fbec75-f9f1-4c10-8af4-cd6a4f257291_IMG_20210418_132245363_HDR.jpg

Mine's the same. That's the way they designed it. Notice the molding around the inspection hatch, it's clear they intended it to be this way. No idea why, and it seems to serve no purpose other than to make it more difficult to seal from the factory. I think they may have been trying ideas over multiple years to keep water draining, or out of the bilge, and not doing a terribly good job.

View attachment 187965

View attachment 187966
So that’s the neoprene you use under lid I assume. Any problems getting that lid off? I used silicone around the lip and seems to work but kinda messy looking. Did you have to replace the screws with larger ones?

So that’s the neoprene you use under lid I assume. Any problems getting that lid off? I used silicone around the lip and seems to work but kinda messy looking. Did you have to replace the screws with larger ones?

No problems at all. The neoprene sticks to one side, compresses against the other, so it's not stuck together.

You may want to seal the holes and redrill after you get a look at the underside. I actually ended up using bolts, rubber washers, and weld nuts underneath.

@Babin Farms pointed out that you're not going to be going in this area often, but he's used the removable seal and stick type of sealant (DAP makes it, I think) with success.

If you need a cleaner finish on your sealant bead, make sure you have contact on both faces being sealed, and spritz it down with a soap/water mix, then use a plastic spoon or look on Amazon for caulk finishing tools, they sell stuff to finish off skinny areas

Back